Chapter 7

**Stella's POV**

I straightened the black skirt I was wearing, wore my black heels and called my shop's manager for updates.

I was going at Jason's school play. He is going to be play in Peter Pan. I dropped him off this morning for their last practice.

He didn't want to, saying it was stupid.

He is playing in it anyways.

I walked out of my houseand saw Hunter waiting for me in his car.

Yes he is coming. He really wants to be present his Jason's life and I'm glad.

I quickly locked the door and made my way there. I got in and greeted him.

"You look beautiful". He said taking my hand in his and kissing the top.

I pulled it away thanking him quietly. I turned my head to the window looking outside.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw him undoing his tie, and the first two buttons of his shirt. He threw the tie in the backseat.

I turned to him when I remembered that I forgot Jason's car seat.

"I forgot Jason's car seat."

He glanced at me with a smile before pointing at the back seat. I couldn't help the smile on my face when I saw one on the backseat. It's almost the same as the one I have in my car.

"You're actually doing better that I thought you would."

"I'm trying my best." He smirked. "By the way, my parents want us to come over for lunch after the play. Is that okay with you?" He asked glancing at me.

I just nodded moving my gaze back outside. "Plus my mom and Cathy have things to discuss with you." He finished.

"What things?". I asked confused.

"I don't know. Maybe some women stuff."

I frowned but still nodded. The rest of the car ride was silent.

*****

We parked the car in front of the school and I got out as soon as he stopped.

Being as far from him as possible will make things easier for me. Not looking at him makes it even better.

I waited for him in front of the car. As soon as he got out of the car, I started walking toward the school.

"Ms. Simmons." Was the first thing I heard as soon as we walked in the school.

I looked around and saw mrs. Clark, Jason's teacher with a huge smile on her face.

I smiled at her as she walked up to us. "How are you?" She asked in an impressively happy voice.

She was always happy. Jason always gets into fights, but every time she calls me, she's always in a good mood.
She said it's because beside his bad temper, Jason was the best student she had.

"I'm good. Thank you."I smiled and she turned to look at Hunter.

"Oh this is Hunter Knight." I said. "Jason's father" I finished as her eyes widened.

"Oh it's a pleasure to finally meet you sir." She said warmly shaking Hunter's hand.

"Now I understand why he was so excited." She said laughing lightly. I'll let you join your seats. It was nice to see you again, ms. Simmons."

I nodded and walked away from her with Hunter.

"I hate the fact that you are called Simmons." He whispered as I shook my head. "That's part of things that needs to be changed." I rolled my eyes at him and stopped to face him.

"And who's fault is that?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him and he just looked down at me with a smile. "It's Simmons. Better get used to it." I said before turning back and walking away.

****

The show started a few minutes after we took our seats.

Jason looked nervous in the beginning, which was really surprising, he was always frowning and glaring in these shows.
But then as it goes, he just looked more relaxed.

Hunter smiling the whole time and laughing sometimes which shocked me a little.

So Jason can make him show his nice side in public. It looks like they bring new sides out of each other. Good sides.

"Thank you." He whispered close to my ear.

"For what?" I asked looking at him.

"Jason." He simply answered.

I simply nodded before moving my eyes back to the stage.

As soon as the show was over, we walked outside and waited for the kids to come out.

Jason was one of the first as he just bursted through the doors and ran up to us.

"Mommy! Daddy!"  He yelled running toward us.

I went to his level with open arms and he just jumped into them. "You were wonderful, my baby."

"Did you see when I was singing?"

I nodded smiling big kissing his cheek. "You were great."

Hunter came close and Jason's eyes moved to him. I stood up and went to Hunter who picked him up throwing him in the air making Jason laughed loudly and giving me a heart attack.

"Don't do that!" I hissed.

Hunter just chuckled as Jason hugged him. "You were wonderful."

Jason pulled away burying his face into his hands while letting out a small laugh.

He's blushing. I smiled as he rubbed his face for a moment and looked up again.

**Hunter's POV**

I was sitting on the couch and looked at my son playing with my father.

My son.

Something that still seemed unreal. A little man I didn't see in his early years because I was blinded by anger.

If I hadn't decided to get over my anger and find for an explanation, he wouldn't be here now.

Stella wouldn't be here.

I was wrong. But I couldn't control myself that night. All I wanted to do was rip Kevin's throat out.
And I would have killed him if my mother wasn't there.

My son was here. And I am more than grateful. All I need to do is win Stella back.
I wanted to control myself. I want to control my temper and be patient. But I feel myself loosing it.

How?

I let out sigh leaning, my eyes glued on Jason.