I Won't Give Up

"Here." Kris passes me a mug. We are sitting at his kitchen table. It's morning I think, my head hurts and my eyelids still feel a bit heavy. How did I get here? Last I remember, I was face down in Diane's house with Mia. How come I'm here now?

I take the mug and look at him surprised. "For me?"
"Yeah."
Wow! He actually shared his precious Ugandan coffee with me. I shall enjoy every drop. I pull the mug to my mouth and take a sip. "Ughh! It's cold." I put it on the table with a thud, Kris looks at me and says, "Of course, it's yesterday's." like it's the most natural thing in the world.
"Phaw!" I stick my tongue out, "You mean it stayed in the mug the whole night and you give it to me now?"
"No, not the whole night......the whole day." He says sitting beside me, "I brewed it for April, but she didn't like it so." I just glare at him trying to control my anger. "Speaking of which where is April?"
"She went to visit her friends." He cooly replies sipping his coffee. It looks so delicious.
"So.....you...and April....are...dating? How long has it been?"
"About 9 years." He answers and then looks at me, "Why? You're jealous?"
"Why would I be jealous?" I look at him sarcastically.
"Because your hope is gone. You like me but I'm dating." He says with a smile to which I just roll my eyes, get off the chair and walk out the kitchen.
"Oh come on! Don't be too sad. You had no chance from the beginning." He says following me. How I wish he would shut up! Kris stop before I punch you in the face.
"How did I get here by the way?" I change the topic.
"Oh Mia brought you here. You were so drunk. Didn't even open your eyes when I threw you on the couch." He says laughing to himself.
Drunk? But I didn't- oh that's what she told him. Obviously she couldn't say that my lesbian friend drugged me to commit God knows what.
"Are you going to stay there all day?"
"Huh?"
"Go clean yourself up! You look like crap." He orders me and I run upstairs to his bathroom. I wanna see how bad I look. It can't be that bad right? I look at the mirror.
-------
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!"

       Somewhere in a prestigious car.

"So did you look into her?" A woman asks.
"Yes Ma'am, but I didn't find much."
"Clive. How many times I told you to call me Rachel?" The woman asks looking at the person sitting beside her.
"Her name's David Cole. Age 25. Works as the assistant to the CEO of TBS. Lives in a tiny apartment on ****** street."
"Parents?"
"No information regarding that, but one of the records says they died long ago."
"Education?"
"Graduated from Exid University of Business and Commerce, with exemplary recommendations."
"How about before that?"
"No record."
"How come?"
"I don't know Ma'am. But that's the interesting thing, I spoke to the University, they don't remember ever having a student by the name David Cole. There's no record. Not even in the archives."
"What are you saying?"
"I'm saying it's like she just appeared out of nowhere."
Rachel looks out the window, tapping her index finger on her chin, in deep thought.
"Hmmm.....interesting."

                   Back at Kris's house.

"I am NOT wearing that!" I protest running behind the sofa.
"Oh come on! It's not that bad." Kris shoves an old tattered jumpsuit that constructors use at me.
"NO! Where's all my clothes?"
"April threw them out."
"What?" I look at him in disbelief.
"She thought it was garbage."
"They were IN A SUITCASE!" I scream.
"The suitcase was old....now wonder she thought it was garbage."
"All of my clothes were in it!" The clothes...you bought me.....were in it.
"Just wear this?"
"No! I don't know why you have this, but I am not wearing it. Where are the clothes I gave you?"
"What clothes?" He asks confused.
"The time you slept in my house, I gave you my green sweat pants and a white sweater. Remember?"
"Oh that! I don't know where it is." He cooly replies.