An Unexpected Visit

This was another usual afternoon. The sun burning really high and a slight breeze blowing dust in my face. Spring has just begun but it feels like July in full speed.

Yup it was just another usual day. Where I'd take a usual nap, because there's nothing else to do, and where I'd usually ignore Caroline's loud-whisper-insults.

At least I thought it was usual. Until a couple of ladies, whom I stood up for 3 days ago, suddenly came running towards me. I was obviously surprised, I mean no one really talks to me here. Though after helping them with Caroline, they began greeting and even briefly spoke with me once, still I was clearly shocked to see them running my way all excitedly.

"Anne!" The four of them grab my arms, "you have a visitor!" They squeal hopping in place.

What the hell? I'm not supposed to have a visit until 2 more weeks. Is this some sort of joke?
"What?" I ask baffled, not sure if I heard them right.

"Someone's come for you!" They laugh between each other cutely, "It's a man. Very tall, and fit. I saw him on my way. His face is so sharp and his hair is like up and his-"

"Kris..." The name escapes my lips as a teary smile forms on them, "it's Kris!" I pull my arms out of their hold and dash away from the yard and into the prison building.

He's come. I smile naturally like an idiot after so long. I'm coming galaxy. I increase my pace and Warden Marilyn stops me right in front of the visiting room.

"Slow down Wills!" She sternly yells and I bow my head in apology. I then see a smile spread with her thin lips as she holds the door open for me, "Go in now."

I swear I would've hugged her back then but I didn't think it would be such a good idea. I enter the room and rush once again searching for the right window. Constantly taking a little pause at each to see if it's Kris. The visiting room is huge and I've already ran through half of it.

Where is he? I then smile to myself and bite my lower lip. I know where he is! I run to the last window at the end of the enormous room.

Are you excited to see me? I am to see you. I've got so much to tell you. So many things to thank you for. But most importantly, I just want to see and hear you.

Without slowing down, I put my hands out against the wall, so as to stop. My eyes excitedly look at the person behind that window and my idiotic smile wears away.

He warmly smiles, waving a little 'hi' with his left hand. His shining eyes signaling for me to sit and so I do.

"Woah!" He exclaims, "I left for 2 months and you already managed to get yourself in jail."

Normally I would've laughed at his joke but I'm not yet over the fact that Kris hasn't come. Why didn't he? Doesn't he miss me? Doesn't he want to see me?

No no, he's just busy with work. I brush off my useless thoughts with something sensible.

"Well you surely know how to make a person feel unwelcome," Ted twists his jaw sideways and I shake my hands in defense.

"No! Of course I'm glad to see you, it's just-"

"You were expecting someone else," he completes my sentence for me and I nod silently, "well since I'm not wanted here, I'll just be on my way," he stands up in preparation to leave and that's when I practically jump out of my chair.

"NO WAIT!" I yell and immediately lower my voice, "I never said I didn't want you here."

"So you want me?" He raises an eyebrow.