Better

~It takes 6 seconds for the line to connect. About 10 seconds for an average person to answer. That leaves me with exactly 35 seconds to convey the message and 9 to leave.

I just hope he picks up. It won't take them more than a minute to realize the setup's fake, and once they do, it'll surely be the end of me this time.

It took me three years to find the right ventilation and to remove the concrete without a single noise nor leaks. It'll be complete bullshit if after all that he doesn't pick up.

I peek through the tiny hole I've carefully made in one the roof tiles and tightly hold my breath. Jillian's a shrewd person, I can't make any mistakes here. He hears the slightest noises and notices details one normally wouldn't. No wonder why he's the keeper.

In a couple of seconds I hear rapid footprints and the sound of the door being flung open fills my ears.

"There's been a breach!" One of our tutors rushes in, clearly out of breath.

"Where?" Is all the muscular, bearded, Jillian says before leaving. I mean he's part of The Code right? And in here, we don't waste time. Just like I won't.

As soon as I hear the door slam, I lift up and slide the tile over, silently dropping my body to the floor. The wooden floor of the quite large, brown and black office. It's walls furnished with grey metal cabinets containing information on everyone and everything that's been going on in here.

I stealthily grab the only phone in this damn organization and dial the number. Silently praying to God for my call to be answered, all the while counting the seconds in my head. On the 18th, he finally picks up.

"Hello?" I ask wasting absolutely no time, "Detective Henry?"

"Who is this?" His surprised voice brings relief to my heart.

"Listen carefully, 78-64 East, -112 -32 North. Hurry." I convey the coordinates to him in clear way, but he seems to ask silly questions.

"Who is thi-"

"I don't have much time. I know who killed your wife. It's Code's leader. You should hurry to our base if you wanna catch him!" Saying that, I hang up but my eye seems to catch something.

It's a document with my name on it, today's date of action and- ~

"UGHH!" I grunt in pain rolling onto the floor, "You could've just said something like 'Wakeup'?" I suggest to one of the wardens. The one that's been beating me with that metal bar of hers every time I sleep through the morning alarm bell.

She's a large woman with thick orange eyebrows matching her hair and freckles. Slightly chubby with strong hands and a rough voice. The badge on her light-blue uniform reads Sally Trelman, and believe me when I say the name totally suits her.

"You didn't have to hit me," I try explaining things but her stern expression doesn't change. And who knew that the next sentence she was about to tell me, was going to sting like a leech on my heart.

"And you didn't have to be a murderer."

                  Detective Henry's (POV)