Slipping Through My Fingers.

It's only been one day but it feels like an entire year has passed since I've seen Kris. It's selfish, I've finally regained my memories and found my family but the only person I'm thinking about is him. I get this.....this awful feeling as if I'll never be able to speak to him again.

"How do they choose?" Detective Henry crosses his feet on the metal table and asks again, "You're gonna have to cooperate you know, you got no choice."

I stare at him in silence. I won't speak, he's treating me like a criminal and there's nothing I hate more than that.

"Not gonna talk?" He raises an eyebrow while nodding, "Fine," he stands up to leave but turns around before opening the door, "Oh and by the way, you won't be having any visitors until I've assessed how dangerous you are. Though I already know, but just for procedures."

"Wait." I coldly call after him and he arrogantly walks back to the table.

"Changed your mind?"

"I don't know how they choose, but they take in kids about 4-5 years, sometimes toddlers."

"Why kids?"

"Isn't it obvious? They're easy to train, teach and raise them however you want. Plus they won't really have any memories of their parents....." I pause remembering how they've brainwashed me in there. How they made me think of my mother. How they erased all my past. Even now I've gotten back my memories, I still can't remember much about my life as Anne, "...nor their lives."

"You weren't a kid, why did they take you?" He eyes me suspiciously.

"I don't know."

"I'm hearing a lot of I don't knows. What are you hiding?"

"......."

At my silence he laughs rubbing his chin before reaching over the table and vigorously grabbing the collar of my shirt, "I've been chasing you people for 17 years, TELL ME!"

"Why don't you ask your wife?" I spit the words in his face only to receive several punches right across mine.

                       Third person (POV)

While Detective Henry's beating up David inside the negotiating room, officer Charles and a few others are monitoring from the outside.

"We should interfere!" One of the officers heads towards the door but Charles stops him.

"Leave them," he holds out his hand motioning for the other officer to stop, "Henry's wife was brutally murdered 3 years ago, by one of them. That's why he despises The Code. If you don't want to end up in her place, leave them."

                            David's (POV)

He sits me back on the chair after a few punches and straightens out my shirt. He didn't hit me with full force though, he was holding back because I'm a woman. I'm sure it'll bruise but that's all there will be.

"Don't make me beat the information out of you!" He growls looking at me with rage in his eyes and I laugh in his face.

"You think that scares me? Hahahha..." I tilt my head back and then stare at him, trying to suppress my emotions, "I've been starved, humiliated, exposed to extreme conditions, and trained to the point where even breathing got hard. You think a couple of punches will scare me?"