The Things She Left

BEFORE YOU READ!!!! I AM LITERALLY GOING CRAZY RIGHT NOW!!! wattpad doesn't let me upload a video, idk what the hell happened and I know that most of you won't do that cause well.....it's kinda annoying but please!!!!! Try to download or either open another tab while reading so you can do it with the song. "Jisun what should I do." P-LEASE!!!!!!!!!!
P.S just swipe the picture, it works now. Start the song rn.

The scene starts with snow. The snow that fell 4 days ago and has still somehow not melted. It starts with snow......and a single footprint. Kris's footprint as he got out of the car.

Kris's (POV)

It gets dark so fast nowadays. And due to me not leaving the hospital, I haven't seen the sunlight in 62 hours. I feel like a vampire.

"And you look like one." David passes by me.

Huh?

"Just look at that pale skin, " she grabs my face "and those black spots under the eyes. Tsk! Tsk!" She clicks her tongue, "So unattractive."

"David....?" I breathe out, "How? Aren't you in the hospital? Wh-what happened? ...you're brain-dead. How did you-" I pile question after question and try to hug her but she sits on my doorstep and interrupts me.

"So just because I'm...brain-dead," she makes a gun with her fingers as if shooting herself in the head, "I'm dead?" She asks cheerfully but then her expression turns serious. "I thought you believed in me. I thought you had hope. But you're just like the rest.....you only trust facts."

"I do believe!" I say unable to bare her hurtful expression and unable to bare the pain I have inside, "I've always believed that you'd overcome anything. But...it's hard." My tears fall as if dragging me along to the floor, "it hurts me to see you this way." I sputter on my knees, "And everyday, it gets harder to have hope. Do you know how it feels to have someone you love within an arms reach, but being unable to actually reach them?" I put both my arms on the floor to support my body and droop my head. I hate this life!

Suddenly she comes over and wraps her hands around my shoulders, "I've been loving you that way for a long time now." She whispers gently patting my back ,"Remember, people need hope. It's what keeps them alive."

I look up at her face and reach to touch it. But just like the wind, she disappears.

Hmmm! I wakeup and find myself on my doorsteps. I must've fallen asleep. "What did you do to me?" I lean back and feel something hard touch my hand.

"Hmm...what's this?"

Diane's (POV)

I visited the hospital once again today. But seeing Rachel inside. I didn't have the courage to enter the room. I'm a coward. Though I may seem tough....the real fighter is David. No matter how hard or how embarrassing a situation gets she would endure.

I was so immersed in my thoughts I didn't notice and bumped into April who was running with a bag. "Sorry." I apologize.
"It's alright. Came to see David?" She asks and I nod. "Me too. I wanted to give her this." She holds up the bag she has in her hands, "Her present. I was gonna give it to her on New Year...." The atmosphere suddenly gets dark and silent. "Come to think of it," she continues, "She was holding something with her. Why don't you go to the reception?"

And so at the reception they handed me a blood stained tattered backpack and a shoe box. Or whatever was left of it with broken shoes inside.