Happy Birthday

"Hello?..........hmmm.....already?........Alright then, bye." I hang up and place my phone on the table continuing with my breakfast.
"Who was it?" Kris asks suspiciously.
"Just a shop." I casually reply stuffing bacon in my mouth.
"A shop huh?" He asks once again raising his eyebrows.
"Aha. By the way I've wanted to ask you something....." I say getting his attention fully on me,

"Why DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO SLEEP ON THE COUCH?"
"You don't want to?" He asks walking over from his side of the table to mine, and I shake my head, "So you want to sleep with me?"
"Yes!" I evidently nod.
"Then come on." He grabs my hand, "Let's go." and winks while licking his lips.
I stare at him stupidly for some time trying to understand what he meant......

.....and then it hit me

"No!" I protest pulling my hand out of his grip, "I didn't mean it like....that..."
"Oh come on David! You're like 25, what are you afraid of?"
"26." I correct him.
"What?" He asks in deep thought and so I explain, "My birthday was 2 days ago."

He looks at me to the point where his eye starts to twitch and then points to the door.
"Get out."
"Huh?"
"I said get out!" He yells and drags me towards the door, kicking me out and locking it shut.

Kris's (POV)

Why didn't she tell me? How stupid can she be? 2 days ago...2 days!!!

David's (POV)

What just happened? "Kris! Kris!" I bang on the door, "Open up!" It's f-f-freezing here. Why? Why did he have to kick me out in December? When I'm wearing only pjs!!!

"Kris! You better open this door before I break it down!" I threaten him and the door swings open. And there stands a fully dressed Kris, in his black sweater, jeans and a coat.
"Yah! Break my door, and I'll break you!" He yells and starts pushing me towards his car.

"What are you doing?"
"We're going out!" He states continuing to push me.
"Kris wait!" I push myself against him, making him stop, "I can't go like.....this!" I point at my clothing incase he hasn't noticed, I'm still wearing pjs.

"Ughhhh!" He grunts, shifting his eyes from me to the house. "Just change in the car." He says and shoves me into the backseat.

"Seriously David, don't you care about yourself?" He annoyingly asks while taking a sharp turn, which resulted in me smashing against the door, "I mean I know you've got no manners, no class, low IQ, absolutely no standards, but still.....shouldn't you care about your birthday at least? It only comes once a year."

"Ughh!" I grunt while rubbing my shoulder which hit the door so hard, I'm surprised it isn't broken-----Wait! Did he just insult me?

"How do you usually spend it?" He asks and just as I'm about to answer, he talks again.
"Do you stay home, snuggled up in bed with a turtle neck sweater, watching T.V while petting one of your many cats? Or do you read a book all alone, while drinking hot chocolate, wearing glasses and blowing your snot in a tissue? Or do you just sit and look out the window, wearing a gray shirt that you haven't changed in 4 days while petting a grey cat? Or do you stay in a dark room with a candle in your hand, staring into the darkness, surrounded by cats?"