Asshole

I wake up to find 6 missed calls, all last night's, all from April. I wonder what she wants? Do I call her back now or after breakfast? Speaking of breakfast, I promised I'd have it with mom so I should better hurry.

As I'm about to dial April's number she calls. I rapidly answer and her sweet high pitched voice fills my ears.

"DAAAAVIIIID!!!!!" She squeals and I move the phone a meter away from my ear, while still hearing her continue to call my name.

"Good morning," I sleepily say and she clicks her tongue.

"Don't tell me you just woke up?"

"....I....."

"And you're still in bed?"

"Ummmm...no."

"Good, then hurry up and open the door."

"Huh?"

"I'm outside silly!" She laughs and I stumble out of my bed and to the window. Drawing back the curtains, I see her wearing a short yellow dress and sunglasses on her head. She has some sort of bag with her and she's staring straight at me.

"Hey!" She waves closing the phone and I awkwardly wave back. April's outside my house.
.
.
.
.
.
.
APRIL'S OUTSIDE MY HOUSE AND I'M STILL IN PJS!

Holy crap! I run to the bathroom with the phone still pressed against my ear. Grabbing a toothbrush I hold the phone between my shoulder and face while trying to put on toothpaste.

What the hell am I doing?

I place the phone on the white chair beside the towel rack and brush my teeth while trying to undress as fast as I can.

In less than 2 minutes I run out of my room, dressed and combed. I guess this is where The Code comes in handy huh?

"Miss David," Clive's voice makes me almost trip at the stairs, "she's in the living room."

Straightening my posture I thank him and continue running. Sometimes, I feel like Clive judges everything I do and insults me badly through that calm smile. I swear, it's creepy.

"There you are!" April hugs me planting a kiss on my cheek, "I've missed you!"

"Me too," I hug her back, "I really wanna thank you for getting me out. How did you-"

"Oh it was nothing!" She brushes her hands in the air, "Money's the most powerful thing in the world you know."

So she paid for my freedom. It must've cost a lot. Even if she's rich, it still must've been a lot of money. "How will I ever repay you."

"Seeing you here is enough." She gives me a sweet smile and I'm overcome with feels. Why is she so cute? I guess I've done some hood in my life to deserve such friends.

"Anyway," she hands me a white bag, "I got you this, now go try it." Locking the doors in the living room, April leaves me there to change.