Stay Out Of It

~A female stands facing the wall. Water is dripping down her bare back. Every drop that hits her wounds only adds to their pain. Her breath is heavy and her heartbeat's fast --- TIME'S UP!~

"Hmmm...hmmmm..hmm" I pant, tightly gripping my throat. Breathe! Breathe! I command myself forcing the air into my lungs. It was a dream....nothing more.

But where am I? I look about the room, "Kris?" I call his name walking over to the window. The scene isn't one I know, we must still be in Africa, "Kris?"

"No, it's me." Ted comes in and I look around once more. Aren't we still in the hotel? "You're in my room. Want some coffee?" He asks pressing the espresso machine.

Why am I? My eyes frantically search the place- "He's not here." Ted says turning it off, "I didn't want to start from the morning, but what exactly happened?"

What happened?

'We came to warn you.' 'Usually the setting doesn't change.' 'Has anything weird happened?' 'We've been having constant visions of fatal accidents involving both of you.' 'Stay away from me!' 'What do you suggest we do?' 'Death surrounds you...and him.' 'As long as we're together either you or I die!' 'Why should I trust you?' 'Get out!'

"I....I.." I look at him going over the thoughts in my mind, "I don't know." I sit on the floor grasping my head, "I'm so confused."

"It's okay, shhh." He crouches down patting my back, "There....relax." He gently strokes my cheek and my breath stabilizes. "Why don't you go take a bath, hmm?" He lifts my chin and smiles gently, "Go on, I'll get breakfast."

Ted's (POV)

"Yeah she's awake, she's in the shower now. Listen Mia, take things slow. Don't scare her so much, she's confused enough already."

David's (POV)

'Why should I trust you? When have you told me the truth?'
'All the time!'

Stop thinking about it......Stop! You're not at fault here David, you're not! You've done absolutely nothing wrong. But why do you feel so miserable?

I place my forehead against the wall and let the water run over my body.......
........why?

"Here, this is yours." Ted places the breakfast tray on the table, "eat up. You'll feel better."
I give him a half smile and open the lid. There are eggs, a toast, jam, orange juice and........a blueberry muffin-

I didn't know what you'd eat,
And I don't like wasting money,
So I asked your friend Diane what you like.
You better eat this

A memory from my time in Italy rushes through my mind. "I'm not hungry." I say shutting the lid, "Where's Mia? I need to talk to her." My expression is determined as I ask him, but he doesn't reply. He just stares at me with his concerned eyes and I hear the clicking sound of heels.

"I'm here."

"Mia wait." Ted stops her and starts speaking in Chinese. What are they saying? Both of them are immersed in their own talk, which seems to get intense, forgetting that I'm even there.

"Could someone tell me, what is going on?" I burst, unable to bare the ignorance any longer, "Please..." I beg them with my eyes and drop my exhausted body on the bed.