Hawaii

Ughhh! Why so loud? "Can we turn down the music a bit?"
"Why? We're celebrating aren't we? Where did you see a party with ballad songs or no music?" Diane asks poking my belly. "Aah!" I utter and poke her back, "Come on! Loosen up girl! It's TIME TO PARTY!!" Alex screams popping a bottle of champagne.

Yes Alex and Diane are here, at Mia's house. As soon as she heard of Kris's and mine first kiss, she called them over and spread the news. They then decided to celebrate it. So now, Mia, Alex, Diane and I are all dancing and drinking, they're drinking, I don't drink alcohol, and Jae is sitting on the armchair. Obviously she wouldn't dance.

First we whip, and then we nae nae! I don't even know how many times we've done that dance but it was to the point where Diane and I couldn't stand any longer. The song was then changed to an old time favorite, Single Ladies by The Queen B, Alex and Mia both sprung up in heels and started nailing that dance. Well, mostly Alex nailed it, Mia wasn't bad, but compared to Alex......let's just say Alex was the real Queen B and Mia the backup dancer.

"Come on!" Alex pulls me out of the chair, forcing me to dance. I hesitantly try to follow his moves but someone walks into the room.
I happily turn into the direction of the footsteps and my smile fades............Ted.

"What's going on?" He asks looking around, that's when the half drunk Alex shouts out, "Kris and David are DATING!!!!" I look at Ted apologetically, who stares blankly at me. I....I'm sorry Ted. I don't know why I'm apologizing. It's not my fault that my heart feels this way towards Kris. We can't help our feelings.......but for some reason I didn't want Ted to know. I didn't want him to know about our relationship. I don't want him hurt....I wanted him to stay the bright sun he always was.

"Let's CELEBRATE!" Alex shouts once again and this time Diane elbows him in the stomach, signaling him to shut up. I glance at Ted once again who's now looking into the distance. His eyes misty for a couple of seconds before returning to their usual happy state. He slowly walks over to me, grabbing my shoulders, "I'm so happy for you." he tells me through a wide smile, but behind that smile.......lies an awful lot of pain. Ted.....when will your lonely eyes truly smile?

"So we can celebrate now?" Alex's head pops out of nowhere. "Yeah!" Ted yells cheerfully.
"Sweet." Alex exclaims and pulls him into a hug. A very tight hug. I'm about to part both of them but my phone starts buzzing.
I look at it and -

67 MISSED CALLS!! And one message!

All from Kris.

How did I not hear all that? I view the text and there are 2 photos, one of the ground and the other of......his backyard?

Kris:

Hey idiot! Do you know what time it is? When are you planning on coming home? You see those photos? That's where you'll be buried, if you aren't HOME WITHIN THIRTY MINUTES!!

I glance at the time and holy crap! It's already 9pm! Not that it's that late, but I left Kris alone for so long. Last I saw him it was still morning.

"I got to go!" I say grabbing my bag and running out of the house.

                              Meanwhile

A man stands by the door. His fists clenched and his eyes watching David's back as she leaves. His breath is steady but his heart is beating wildly......That man with lonely eyes that only smile for David, is Ted.
"I'll try to be happy for you." He whispers to himself, "But it's hard."