Why I Love You

"Where have you been?" Kris yells as soon as I enter his office, "Leaving without a word in the middle of work! You knew we had an important meeting!"
"How did it go?" I ask staring at the ground.
"Doesn't matter how it went, do you want to get fired? What the hell is wrong with you?"
"I quit."
"Are you-....what?"
I hand him my resignation letter, "I quit."
"Hahaha! Very funny. Joke is over David!" He laughs sarcastically.
"I'm not joking." I tell him calmly, "I quit."
"Why?"
"Because I can't work here anymore. I don't want to."
"That's not the real reason! Why are you quitting all of a sudden?" He slams his fist on the table.
"It's not all of a sudden. I thought about it long ago. I thought I could stand you bossing me around and the unrealistic hours I spend here..........but I can't. It's too much. So I'm quitting." I look at him without any emotion in my eyes.
"That's not the reason!" He yells,....Kris....why do you have to read minds? "It's because I'm dating isn't it? Because of April?"
"......and what if it is?" I ask him cooly, "What will you do? Will you break up? Will you fall for me?" I stare straight into his eyes that don't say anything, "And it's not because of April. I wouldn't want sorrow between you guys. It's because I decided to."
"Can't we just keep personal feelings out of this?" He asks looking right through me with his worried black eyes.
"No. Whether you sign the papers or not I'm still quitting."
"Fine! But you have to repay me. The money you owe me on your first day here, 1034.75$, pay it back." He thinks I'll stay here just because of the money......Kris....don't you know me?
"Deal. I will pay it."

Kris's (POV)

What am I hearing? She's really leaving? Even after the money threat. I was sure she would stay if I told her to repay me.....or she would argue at least.
"I'll come pick my stuff in the evening." She tells me and leaves without a second's pause. Damn! "AAAAAAAHHH!" I grab her stupid resignation letter and throw it at the door, letting out my frustration.
Idiot.

David's (POV)

Stupid! Stupid! Why am I so stupid?

The grey filthy pavement matches my mood so well, like it was built into the floor here on purpose. Calling to me, wanting me to lie down and become a part of it. So I could be stepped on. But I wouldn't mind, at least I'd be doing something useful, at least someone would need me.

"Maybe it's wrong. Maybe your vision was wrong, a mistake?" I hopefully peer into her face.
"My visions are never wrong David." Mia looks at me apologetically.
"But.....didn't you say he needed me. Didn't you say you had a vision of us holding hands and smiling? Your visions can't be wrong!"
"I never had that vision. It was my mother....... her visions aren't always correct." Mia looks down and I look at her mother, praying that this isn't true.
"It's true David. I'm sorry, I might make mistakes...I'm old....but Mia, never." Jae holds my hands tighter than before.
"No! No! This can't be..." I shake my head in disbelief.
"I'm sorry David. I know how you feel about Kris......but now the only thing you can do is let him go. For your own sake. It will be hard for you to stay by his side with those feelings. We don't want you hurt. You're like family to us. Please David, let go, don't hurt yourself anymore." Jae begs hugging me.

A car's honk brings me back to reality. Oh! I quickly jump out the way, I almost walked onto the road. This is dangerous. I should go somewhere safe. I decide to go and visit my favorite sun by the lake, in the park.