Switched

~A female stands facing the wall. Water is dripping down her bare back. Every drop that hits her wounds only adds to their pain. Her breath is heavy and her heartbeat's fast --- TIME'S UP!~

'Peep......peep......peep...' Hmmmm, 'Peep ......... peep.....' What's that sound? I'm not supposed to hear, aren't I dead? 'Peep....peep....peep..' Why am I hearing this?I force my heavy eyelids open and observe my surrounding.

Why am I on a bed? Why is there a bp monitor attached to me? And is that.......a TV? Heavens don't have TV! That means I'm not in Heaven. Which means I'm alive. But if I'm......alive then.........

"KRIS!"

I rapidly sit up and see six blinking faces staring straight at me.

Diane, Alex, Mia, Jae, April and Ted. Each of their eyes widen as they surround me, and their mouths open simultaneously, "You're awake!", "Thank God!" , "You know how worried-" , "David!" , "I thought-", "and you?" , "What if he hadn't caught you?" , "That bridge." , "What were you thinking?" , "Pulp!" I can't understand a thing they're saying.

"What happened?" I ask breaking through their words, "Where's Kris? Is he-"
"Easy now tiger," Alex places a hand on my shoulder, "You fell off a bridge."
"More like jumped off a bridge," Mia corrects him, "if that guy hadn't caught you, you'd be dead by now, not just injured."
"Huh? Someone caught me? Who was it?" I ask slightly confused.
"I don't know, he was gone as soon as the police got there."
"Probably was scared to death poor fellow, getting his fingerprints all over the corpse. Who wouldn't run away?" Alex interrupts Mia.
"Exactly! She was so stupid to jump off!" Diane scoffs and the three of them are immersed in their own argument about the guy that saved me, my stupidity and jail.

I can hear slight weeping and so glance to the side. April is wiping off tears with Jae comforting her. 'April's so emotional' I think to myself and feel a pair of arms around me. "I'm glad you're okay....." Ted breathes those words out and hugs me tighter. His embrace is soft and comforting, it makes me feel at ease, "....David..." He sweetly says and backs away.

"Where's Kris?" I ask immediately and they all move away from the bed allowing me to see the door. The door, against which he was leaning with his arms crossed and furrowed eyebrows.

"You're alive." I breathe out in relief and feel my heart a thousand tons lighter. The lump that stood in my throat for so long is now gone and a smile spreads across my face. I don't care if he doesn't want to see me, or if he hates me, right now these don't matter. What matters is that he's alive.

I look at him with a calm smile but his face expression doesn't change. He's still wearing the same frown, with angry eyes and a frustrated look.

He pushes himself off the door and storms towards me with his hands in the pockets of his black pants. His shirt collar is standing straight up only adding to his furious image.

As he gets closer, my smile fades and I squint at the sight of him raising his hands. Preparing for impact I turn my face, but to my surprise I'm pulled into a hug.

My eyes widen in shock and my breath stops, as I see his wide body leaning over and feel him squeezing me tightly. His touch isn't as soft as Ted's, in fact it's very rough, but it sure is warm. "Idiot." He harshly whispers.
"I thought...you hated me.......so why-?"
"Oh I hate you," he interrupts embracing me even tighter, "I hate you so much."