Hope

On a hot summer's night, right after the engagement party ended and people dispersed to their homes. April, leaving Kris alone at home as she had an urgent matter to attend to, told him she'll stay over at a friend's house.

So Kris impatiently waited as he called his brother over. Pacing back and forth he kept repeating to himself something while glancing at the calendar resting on the bar table.

"Hey!" His brother comes in, unlocking the door himself and heading straight to the kitchen for a glass of water.

"How is she?" Kris asks still pacing back and forth, a million thoughts running through his head.

"Heart broken, hurt, probably crying," Ted nonchalantly states rummaging his brother's fridge, "how do you think?"

"I've asked you to look after her," Kris storms up to Ted, grabbing him by the collar of his white shirt, "and you touch her!"

"Ahh yes," Ted makes eye contact with his furious brother as if he has just remembered something, "the kiss. You saw it? Her lips were very moist, I assure you."

"You bastard!" Kris punches the left side of his brother's face who laughs in return and pushes him to the floor.

Crouching on top of him, Ted lands several punches on his jaw and forehead while the other squirms and then elbows him to the head, taking the lead.

Punching him in the ribs, Kris spits out the blood in his mouth and lifts Ted's upper body by the shirt, "I told you.....to stay away from her. SHE'S MY WOMAN!"

"THEN TREAT HER LIKE SHE'S YOURS!" Ted shouts and pushing Kris off him they both stand glaring at each other, breathing heavily from the pain they received. "Treat her like she's yours." Ted repeats himself, his tone more pleading than mocking.

"You know I can't do that."

"Then I can't stop."

"TED!!!!!"

"WHAT? YOU THINK SHE'S GONNA WAIT FOR YOU FOREVER???? YOU THINK HER LOVE FOR YOU IS THIS MUCH TO RUN AROUND LIKE SOME PUPPY?" Ted sighs looking at the ceiling, "She's hurt, Kris. How much more do you think she can take before she snaps? The insults, the humiliation-"

"I KNOW!" Kris yells, angrily brushing both hands through his hair.

"Following her around, the silent calls, are you satisfied with that?" Ted then makes his way towards the front door when Kris stops him saying,

"You know she won't choose you."

Giving Kris a side glance Ted clearly states, "She already has."

David's (POV)

"It was her all along," as I tell the entire story to Henry and Dr. Linn, I can feel my hands shaking with cold sweat from the useless state I'm in. I never even suspected her, she was my.......