Mother

Before you read: Make sure you read my previous chapter, not the tag ones, Detective Henry. With the new update and all you might have not gotten notified. Anyways if you haven't, go back and read it. If you have, then enjoy.

~A female stands facing the wall. Water is dripping down her bare back. Every drop that hits her wounds only adds to their pain. Her breath is heavy and her heartbeat's fast --- TIME'S UP!~

I sit up breathing heavily and wiping the sweat off my forehead. My hands are slightly shaking and my lips are twitching for some reason.

"What'swith you?" Kris's morning voice brings me back to normal as he wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me back into bed. "Just sleep." he mumbles into the pillow.

Yeah...sleep is good.

                       Third person (POV)  

As the early morning turns into a bright day, Kris and David are seen leaving the house and entering the car. Seems like nothing out of the ordinary. Except for a certain person, or shall I say man. A young man dressed in a neat suit, who stood by a tree, unnoticedby all. Watching with a smile.

"I guess they were right about you huh? You were their best plan, but their worst decision. When will you remember me though? I need you more than ever."

                           Kris's (POV)

RVA Health and Caretaking Center. I read the name on the building we're entering. So this is the place that calls her? "Come on!" She weakly smiles pulling me inside. 

Once we're in, she confidently strides through. Like she's been here often. All I do is follow, for some reason I have this anxious yet eerie feeling. She stops at one of the rooms that says 'Staff Only'. After3 knocks the door opens and a woman of dark mocha skin comes out.

Her hair is up in a neat bun and her pale blue nurse uniform just as neat. With a little badge, 'Nicole'.

Her eyes shift from David to me, casting a suspicious glance, she pulls David off to the side. So as not to let me hear.

                            David's (POV)

"God! What on Earth happened to you?" She lightly slaps my arm, "our owner isn't as keen on giving out free services you know?". Though she may look concerned, I know what hides behind those worried eyes, money. I don't blame her. I mean we're not in a relationship where we should care about each other. Like they always say, it's not personal just business.

"I just had a little accident." I hand her an envelope filled with cash. Which she slips into the deep pocket of her long pants. "Same room?" I ask and she nods returning to the staff room.

                             Kris's (POV)

"Come on, you don't wanna get lost." David slips her hand into mine, giving it a little squeeze before leading me further through the corridors. She smiles widely saying jokes like, she's taking me into Frankenstein's layer, but I don't dare talk back.

This person who is leading me somewhere isn't the David I know. It's a person who's scared. David was never scared but right now,  there's sweat forming on her forehead and her constant smiles are just to cover it up. I can feel her hand shaking in mine and so I interlock our fingers.

After what seemed like the longest corridor I've ever walked through, she stops in front of a room. The door is numbered 404 and there's a large rectangular window fitted into the wall. Through it I can see a large yellow duvet over a queen sized bed. It's footing adorned with off white flowers. There's a single off-white nightstand with an orange lamp. Across from the bed stands a small kitchen-like area. With a stove and a little fridge. A peach colored sofa stands in the middle of the room, which is more like a mini house, a small coffee table is in front of it and a bookshelf behind.