Pig

What are dreams?

Are they just mere thoughts that our mind makes up, or craves? Are they emotions we tend to keep to ourselves, that resurface in this form of images? Or are they memories?

Memories that may not be important, like a dress or a place you passed by. Memories that may be of great importance. Memories, whether significant or not, long forgotten but never lost.

                            David's (POV)

Why is today like this? Whispers, whispers everywhere. It's giving me a headache. Since waking up, all I see is everyone in tiny little groups. Whispering somethings to each other while casting glances at me.

Did they already hear the news? Is the whole prison aware that I've been given an early release? They must be hating me way more than they used to. Aaahhh....though I kinda understand them, I DON'T CARE! I'll be going home after 2 years and that's all that matters.

I enter the cafeteria for breakfast and immediately grab my tray going to collect my porridge from the stall. The large woman splatters a big spoonful of wheat porridge on the plate. I take my glass of water and make my way to the empty table at the other end of the cafeteria I usually sit at.

Third person (POV)

As David was making her way to the far table, one of the prisoners sticks out her leg making David trip face down into her food.

The entire room erupts in bickering laughter, followed by unnecessary clapping by Caroline. Who pushes David's face back into the plate, when she just picked herself up.

                           David's (POV)

"Doesn't this suit the pig?" Caroline's high pitched voice fills my ears. I can feel her foot on the back of my head, pushing deeper and deeper into the porridge.

"Were you that hungry Wills?" Another prisoner's sarcastic remark penetrates the room, making laughter erupt once again: and there's nothing I hate more than being laughed at. Than being humiliated.

I rapidly push myself off the floor, causing Caroline to lose her balance and swiftly grab her arm. Pulling my hand back, in preparation to punch her venomous face.

A circle formed around us within a fraction of a second, all watching silently to see what's next. Yet as my fist was about to contact her nose, my cellmate appeared screaming, "STOP!"

"Don't," she warns me pushing her way through the crowd, "this is what they want." I remember the words she told me last night.

~"Since you're given an early leave, you can't cause any trouble. Even the slightest thing can lead to life imprisonment,all your enemies are going to make sure that's exactly what happens."~

Reality storms my brain like a hurricane, and as I look about the room, Rose's words seem to become more evident. All the prisoners surrounding me are snickering, beaming with anxiousness. Some give me disgusted looks, whilst others mouth, "Burn in hell b*tch!'

However, it is when my eyes landed on Sally that I became truly caught off guard. Her eyes are cringed to the point where they no longer look blue, but black. Her thick orange eyebrows come together as her red lips part, spreading into a wide smile.

She appears to be nodding at me, and in the blink of an eye, a cold metal smashes against the back of my head. Creating a ringing noise in my ears. I lose my stance and do my best to turn around, to the person that hit me. She, Caroline's friend, raises her right leg and swings it across the left side of my jaw.