Anne

Heads up people! This chapter is quiet lengthy, because I'm trying to finish as many events as possible, before the BOOM! (Which I'm planning to make in the next-next chapter) so yeah, enjoy and I hope you don't get bored.

~In a room, yeah I think that's the best way to describe it. How else do you call something that has nothing? No windows, no chandeliers, no carpets, nor any type of furniture. Just four walls and a metal door. And in that 'room' on the barren floor, surrounded by the smell of rust and cement, lay a young lady. Her short curls all tangled up and her clothes stained with dirt. Beside her sat a boy, with a much younger and a much more frightened look. Placing his shivering hand on the girls' shoulder, his trembling lips utter, "Wake up."~

"AAH!" I shoot up, sitting on the bed and gasping for air. "Aah....aah.." Breathe, David breathe. Why is it always like this? Can't I sleep normally, without having a suffocating feeling?

"What's the matter?" Kris sits next to me, a concerned look on his face. "I just......keep having these weird dreams....and I can't seem to wakeup...."

"That's it?" His morning poker face fights through the worried look he had on seconds ago, "don't trouble me with something so stupid again."

I look at him for a while and then he flinches getting up, "Aish, seriously! Get dressed and go to work without me. I have stuff to do." He shouts, irritated.

What's with him?

                              Kris's (POV)

"I already said no!" Nicole whisper shouts at me while glancing all around, "Yesterday was an exception."

"I'll pay again." I whisper to her as well. "I can't allow anymore visits." She breathes out, tired from trying to convince me to leave.

"I'll pay triple."

"10 minutes."

Entering the neat room, I'm overcome with a pleasant smell of bakings. "Hmm.." I breathe in the scent, "smells delicious."

"Oh." Heather looks up at me from the mini kitchen counter, "hello, you actually came?" She's wearing a white sweater and a brown skirt, with a yellow apron on top. Her hair is nicely collected in a bun, with a few loose strands falling over her left ear.

"I said I would, didn't I?" I walk over to her, "so what are you doing?"
"Just a little somethings." She opens the oven and pulls out a tray of homemade croissants, "These used to be my daughter's favorites."

Hearing that and staring at the tray, my mind goes into an immediate flashback of the time I was in Davids' house.

~"Are those my croissants?" She asks stomping to the kitchen.
"Yeah." I smile
"You ate the hole pack?"
"It's okay you can get more."
"No I can't."
"Just buy them."
"I can't! I didn't buy these. They were made and given to me."
"By who?"
"Someone!" ~

"Though she died long ago, I still bake and give them to the nurses here." Heathers' voice brings me back to reality and I process what she just said, "like a hobby."