two

I wake the next morning at around 7:30. I love being in college because I don't have to wake up as early as I would have to if I was still in high school.

I get out of bed and walk to my small bathroom. I take a quick shower. After my shower, I get dressed into cuffed capri jeans, an ASU 'Devils Pride' shirt from PINK, and maroon high top converse. I blow dry and brush out my really long hair and put it into a pony. I put on light makeup, just mascara, eyeliner, a teeny bit of eyeshadow, a little bit of blush, and strawberry Chapstick.

By now, it was a couple minutes before 8:30, so I grab my phone and aviators and walk down to Tobias's dorm.

I knock on his door and Tobias opens it, only wearing a towel around his waist. Ooh momma, those abs.

"Hey," he says, zapping me back to the present.

"Ha, hey. I totally wasn't just staring at your abs," I say, trying to act cool. Even though Tobias knows how much of a weirdo I am.

He laughs. "I'll be right back. He closes the door, but not all the way. I stand in the hallway for a couple minutes waiting for Tobias. He returns wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

"Wanna get breakfast?" I ask.

"Sure." He grabs his lanyard with his ID and closes the door as he walks into the hallway.

"Crap! Forgot my ID. Do you mind if we go back to my dorm to get it?"

"Not at all." He smiles and I return the smile. I grab his hand and we walk down the hallway to my dorm room. I open the door and walk over to the desk where my ID is. I put it around my neck and walk back into the hallway with Tobias following me.

He grabs my waist and pulls me closer to him. He then moves his arm to my shoulder and I put mine around his waist. We walk to the cafeteria, talking.

+ + +

After English, I go back to my dorm to change for my game. I put on my jersey and volleyball shorts, and my sweats over my shorts. My hair is already in a pony, so I just leave it be. I grab my volleyball bag and put my computer and beats in it, along with my hydro flask, kneepads, and portable phone charger. I put my phone in my pocket and my ID around my neck and leave my dorm room.

I walk to the gym which isn't far from the dorms and go inside to see the team.

"Hey Tris!" they all say.

"Hey guys!" I reply.

"Ready to kick Oregon's ass?" Jordyn asks me.

"Oh yeah!" I reply and we laugh. We always do this before games to get pumped up, even though on some game days like today, we have to sit on a plane for a couple hours.

We take a bus to the airport, then board the plane and wait for a couple minutes to take off. I finish my paper, talking to May at the same time. I put my laptop back in my bag and try to fall asleep.

+ + +

"Tris, wake up," I hear May say. I open my eyes and see that everybody is getting their stuff to get off the plane. I grab my bag and stand up, careful not to hit my head. We all get off the plane and go into the airport.

We wait outside for our bus and it seems like forever until it comes. We get on the bus and it takes us to Mathew Knight Arena. We head into the guest team lockeroom and put our stuff in the lockers. I take off my sweats and converse and put on my knee pads and Nike Hyperspike shoes. I also take off my jacket and put it in the locker.

I check my phone and see that I have texts from Tobias, Mom, Dad, and my grandma.

Tobias- good luck bby! You're gonna do gr8! ❤️ u!

Me- thanks bby! ❤️ u 2!

Then I text my mom back.

Mom- good luck sweetheart! I'll be watching it on tv. Wish I could be there. Grandma and grandpa are there though.

Me- thanks momma! It's ok. I'll be looking for gram and gramps

Then I text my dad back, and then my grandma. I put my phone away and head out with all the girls. We all do a cheer, then head out onto the court to warm up. We stretch, do some bumping and setting drills, and also spiking drills. They announce the starters, and play the national anthem. After that we get into a huddle.

"We got this guys," Ashley says.

"Of course. Sun Devils on 3. 1, 2, 3," I say.

"Sun Devils!" We all yell. I take my place on the court: setter. I know I'm really short—only 5'5" and I'm 20—but I'm a leader, and my coach trusts me to lead the team with spirit and enthusiasm.

We're serving first, so I get the ball, bounce it a few times, wait for the ref to blow her whistle, take a deep breath, throw the ball in the air, and jump, my hand making contact with the ball, making it go over the net. I run to the net, in case they return it, and they do. May, one of the outside hitters passes to me, and I set it to Jordyn, the middle hitter/middle blocker. She spikes it, and it makes contact with the blockers, but fortunately hits the ground on Oregon's side of the net.

+ + +

We ended up winning all three games. I visited with my grandma and grandpa after the game until Coach told me to get my stuff because we had to go. I hug my grandparents and tell them goodbye and thanks for coming and all that jazz. I go to the lockeroom and take off my shoes and knee pads. I put my sweats, converse, and jacket back on and head outside with my teammates. We get on the bus and go back to the airport to go home.

+ + +

I get back to my dorm around 11:45 and I'm exhausted. Tobias told me to text him when I got back, so I do. He texts back telling me to sleep tight and to not let the bed bugs bite. I send him a laughing emoji and a red heart emoji. He texts back, but I didn't get to read it before my eyelids became heavy and I fell asleep.
————————
A/N: hey guys. So I've recently read The Selection, and The Elite, and yesterday I started and finished The One. I couldn't put the book down! My throat hurts a lot from screaming at my book... America can be so stupid at times. Oh yeah, I'm talking about America from The Selection not the country, just in case you were wondering and whatnot. 😂
-ѧииα✌️