forty-four

It's the middle of February, and Tobias heads down to Arizona for Spring Training in a few weeks so I'm trying as hard as I can to spend as much time with him as I can before he leaves. It's hard though when he has practice seven days a week and I have school five days a week with other classes on the weekends.

So today, Tobias has practice again all day and I have school until three, so the only time I get to see him is in the mornings when we get ready and and night when we get home. And of course we both have work to do when we get home so we never have free time when we can just hang out. I'm feeling major withdrawals.

Lunch is my absolute favorite part of the day though, because Tobias always packs my lunch for me and he leaves a different note in it everyday. It always makes me feel not quite as lonely as I have been feeling lately.

This morning around five-thirty, I got up and got the coffee started before heading down to the workout facility to do my morning workout. When I was done around six-thirty, I went back upstairs to get ready for the day.

Tobias greets me at the door with a cup of coffee, and I kiss his cheek as I grab it from his hand and walk to our bedroom. I drink half my coffee before getting into the shower. After I'm done, I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around me before grabbing my coffee and heading to the closet so I can get dressed.

I eventually put on jeans, a cream flowy tank, a warm red sweater, and black high top converse. Then I put on a layered necklace, a bunch of bracelets, a bunch of rings, and hoop earrings. My makeup is simple today, nothing too crazy. I throw my hair into a cute messy bun and call it good.

I sneak up on Tobias who's making scrambled eggs and bacon in the kitchen and I wrap my arms around him.

"Good morning," I say, resting my head on his back. He turns around after a few moments and kisses my head.

"Good morning." My height increases a little as I stand on my tip toes to kiss him. "Breakfast with be ready in a few minutes."

"Okay," I reply as I walk over to the island and sit on one of the stools. My attention then moves to the news which is playing on the TV. A little later, I'm presented with my breakfast on a plate and a full cup of coffee in my mug.
"Thanks babe."

"You're welcome, boo." I laugh at his nickname for me and gasp when he takes a piece of my bacon.

"How dare you? You can take this girl's heart, but not her bacon!" I playfully acuse.

"Oh, that's too bad," he responds eating part of the piece. "It's a shame I already ate half of it." I roll my eyes and continue eating my breakfast. We talk about our plans for the day quickly before I jog to the bathroom to brush my teeth before I leave. I make sure I have everything in my backpack and I grab my lunch from Tobias and kiss him as I walk out the door.

I take the elevator to the parking level and turn up the heat as soon as I get my car started.
𖤐  𖤐  𖤐  𖤐  𖤐
My day goes by pretty fast, and it becomes a hundred times better as soon as I read the note Tobias left in my lunch today. The kids were being rowdy earlier, and all of the new snow we got last night made them have inside recesses. They were all over the place. There's even more snow coming down now and it's supposed to totally freeze tonight, so I doubt I'll have school tomorrow.

It's all good though, because today's Friday and it's 3:00 so schools finally over. I now have to go to Mom and Dad's house. It's been awhile since I've gone over and I just wanted to see them.

I park in the driveway of Mom and Dad's house and grab my phone before locking my car and going inside. My parents are found in the kitchen where Mom's making dinner.