twelve

It's been a couple days since my dispute with Tobias, and we haven't talked to each other much since. I mean, he's texted me about ten million times saying how sorry he is and how he wants to speak in person, I just haven't replied.

I lay in bed thinking about him, and how petty our argument was. It's a silly disagreement, over a boy who is just my friend. Tobias didn't have to get all jealous and defensive like he did, but I know that the only reason boyfriends are jealous is because they're afraid of losing you. Is this my fault or his?

I can't take thinking about it anymore, so I get out of bed and take a quick ten minute shower. After my shower, I dry off and then put on light colored ripped short shorts, a striped tank top, a blue plaid shirt, a brown belt, and white high top converse. I put on a long triangle necklace and a gold watch. I blow dry and brush my hair, and then put it into a loose side braid. I put on simple makeup, concealer, foundation, eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner, blush, and red lipstick.

I have half an hour until class starts, and I don't feel like going too far, so I just grab my backpack, phone, ID, and keys. I sling my backpack over my shoulder and go the the cafeteria downstairs.

They don't have much for breakfast this morning, so I just get waffles and a bottle of apple juice. I see a few of my friends from my volleyball team sitting at a table, and walk over to them. I sit down and start eating my waffles.

"Hey Tris. Where's Four? You too are always attached at the hip, so I'm surprised he's not with you," Kamryn asks.

"He has class right now," I say, not exactly wanting to tell them the whole story.

"Oh," she says and takes a sip of her juice.

"Yeah," I respond.

We talk more, about next volleyball season, how the baseball and softball teams are go to do, and how we cannot wait for summer.
𖤐 𖤐 𖤐
History of Jazz music just ended, and now I'm heading back to my room to change to go work out.

I quickly change into simple black running shorts, my favorite "Fear the Fork" ASU t-shirt, and black NIKE free 5.0 tennis shoes. I grab my bag with my water bottle and ID and other stuff in it and walk out my door.

I pass by Tobias's room on my way to the elevator. I keep walking for a bit and then stop. I can't do this anymore, I think, I need to talk to him. I turn around and walk back to his door. I knock, and the door flies open almost instantly.

I immediately drop my bag and jump into Tobias's arms. His arms wrap around my waist and hold me close to him.

"I'm sorry," I say.

"I'm sorry too," he replies, setting me down and tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

I slightly smile, and then Tobias crashes his lips to mine. I kiss back, happy to be in his embrace again.

I pull away after a minute or so. "Can you promise me that we'll never let anyone come between us again?" I ask, as he rests his forehead on mine.

He takes my hands and laces our fingers.

"I promise." There's something in the way he says the word promise that makes me know he'll keep it.

I hug him again, my head right next to his heart.

"I love you," he whispers, barely audible.