fifty-one

Tobias and I got home from our honeymoon in Spain a few days ago, so now it's like the beginning of September, which means school is starting up again. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited, I have this one last year to be a student teacher, and then next year I'm on my own.

Also, I've missed volleyball so much since I stopped playing after college, that I emailed my coach way back from high school and asked if I could help coach. She said sure, so I'm really happy that I get to go back to the sport that I love.

Volleyball started in the beginning of August, and thankfully I was able to be there for tryouts and the first week of practice before Tobias and I got married.

So school doesn't start for a few more days, but I had volleyball today. It went from three to five-thirty, and it was absolutely exhausting. I love the sport so much, and I've missed it a bunch, but I totally forgot how tiring it is.

On another note, I'm not a Prior anymore. Okay, I'll always be a Prior in my heart, but my last name isn't Prior anymore. As soon as Tobias and I got back to Chicago, we went straight to the courthouse and got my name changed to Eaton. And right after that, we went home and crashed. I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Thankfully, my parents had our dogs while we were gone, and Queenie's fine being alone as long as she has food and somewhere to sleep. We picked up Koda and Auggie from Mom and Dad's the next day, and they were so excited to see us. The dogs and my parents. Tobias and I ended up staying there for a couple hours, Mom had made cookies and they were so good. She made a lot, and Tobias and I ate at least half of them.

Man, I love cookies.

Anyway, I'm just getting home from practice now, and I want to do is just crawl in bed.

"Tobias!" I call as I set my stuff down next to the door and kick my tennis shoes off. "Babe, I'm home!" As I hang my keys by on our key holder, Tobias wraps his arms around me. I turn around, and lean against the wall as Tobias presses his lips to mine. His hand moves to my cheek and mine ball his shirt up into my fists in an attempt to pull him closer to me. Tobias hoists me up so he's holding my by my thighs, and my legs snake around his hips.

"Welcome home, honey," he responds, breaking the kiss and making my giggle. Tobias smiles cheekily, and within seconds we're making out once again. We're interrupted when the watch on my wrist buzzes. I look down at my Apple Watch and I see that I have an email from the photographer at our wedding.

"Ooh! Babe, our photos!" is all I say, sprinting to my computer on the kitchen island. I open up the link the photographer sent me, and I sit on one of the stools. Tobias walks up behind me and places an arm around my shoulders. We go through each of the pictures, picking out our favorites and feeling like that day was so long ago. It's only been two weeks.
➸  ➸  ➸  ➸  ➸
It's Halloween now, and Tobias and I are headed to Zeke and Shauna's party. For our costumes, Tobias and I are Squints and Wendy Peffercorn from The Sandlot. He made me watch the movie a few years ago and since we didn't have a costume for tonight, it was kind of a last-minute idea. So I'm just wearing a red tank top with a lifeguard logo that I printed taped onto the front, denim shorts, white low top converse, and white sunglasses. It actually turned out really good and I'm super happy with it.

The whole gang is there when we get there, except for Marlene and Uriah. There's also a ton of other people, all the ones we graduated with who stuck around Chicago like we did. Christina greets me with a bear hug when she sees me.

"Nice to see you too, Chris," I say, and she releases her tight grip. 

"Oh, sorry," she laughs. "Did you guys get them?" The 'them' she's referring to are the tattoos Tobias and I recently got. "Can I see?"