five

"Babe you were adorable when you were little," Tobias says as we look through old photo albums in the living room.

"What, I'm not adorable now?" I ask with mock hurt.

"I didn't say that," he defends.

"I'm just kidding, babe." He smiles and kisses the top of my head. I snuggle closer to him and flip the page in the photo album.

"We should probably go to bed," I murmur, glancing at the time on the cable box. "It's 11:30."

"Ok," he replies into my hair. He kisses my head again and stands up. I stand up too, setting the book down on the couch.

Tobias and I walk up the stairs, hand in hand, with Koda trailing behind us. We stop at my bedroom door. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him softly. I pull away and stare into his eyes, blinking a few times. I peck his lips again.

"Night," I whisper.

"Night, beautiful." I smile and blush. "I love you."

"I love you more."

"Not possible," he whispers, his breath tickling my face. I giggle and peck his lips one last time. I unwrap my arms from his neck and go into my room, closing my door behind me.

I take off my sweatpants and my bra and get into bed, just wearing a t-shirt and my underwear.

+ + +

I've been tossing and turning for what seems like a million years; I just can't fall asleep. I lift the covers off me, and get out of bed. I slowly walk to the door—I really don't feel like stubbing my toe on anything right now—and open it.

I walk into the hallway, tip-toeing across the cold hardwood floor to Tobias's room. I open the door, only wide enough for me to slip in to the room. I close the door, hoping it won't creak. Unfortunately, it did, really loudly, actually.

"Tris?" Tobias asks, clearly groggy.

"Yeah," I answer.

"What're you doing?"

"I couldn't sleep," I say while getting into the bed.

"Ok," he mumbles and goes back to sleep while wrapping his arms around me.

"Much better," I whisper. I find sleep easily after that.

+ + +

I wake the next morning to sunlight shining through the curtains. I softly kiss Tobias's lips and then carefully wiggle out of his arms. I leave the guest room, and tip-toe across the hall to my bathroom. I take my time in the shower, possibly using half if not all of the hot water.

I wrap a towel around myself, and walk back to my room. I get dressed into a white embroidered tank top, a black and white Aztec print cardigan, jeans, and black platform ankle booties. I blow dry and straighten my hair, then put on a bit of nude eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush, and red lipstick. I put on a black flower statement necklace, a silver elephant bracelet, an arrow type bracelet, a black leather wrap bracelet, a silver spark ring, a silver bird ring, an anchor ring, diamond studs, and a leafy ear cuff on my right ear.

         I go back to the guest room Tobias is staying in. I sit on the bed next to a very, very fast asleep Tobias. I lightly shake his shoulder.

"Wake up, sleepyhead," I say.

"5 more minutes," he groans, putting a pillow over his face. I pull the pillow off his face and toss it across the bed.