fourty-seven

Today was the last day of school, thank god. This is actually one of the perks of being a teacher, or becoming a teacher, I get summer off. Thankfully I get home fast, since we get out at one and people still have four hours left in their workdays.

Once I open the front door, I'm attacked by Koda and Auggie. This always cracks me up. Koda is big enough that when he jumps on me he usually almost knocks me down, and then there's Auggie, my tiny little puppy who only reaches my knees when he jumps on me.

Tobias is on the couch, watching tv with his feet on the coffee table, where he is everyday when he has a day or two off from games. I slide my sneakers off by the door once Koda and Auggie settle down, and I walk over to Tobias. My fingers brush through his hair as I take a seat next to him, sitting half criss-cross, with one of my legs dangling off the side of the couch.

"Hey," he says, looking at me and smiling. Man, he's wearing his glasses today, and I have to say, he is so hot.

"Hey," I respond, smiling too. Tobias wraps an arm around me and pulls me in to kiss me.

"How was work today?" he asks when our lips separate.

I sigh. "It was fine, I guess. Chaotic, though. I mean, everyone's just really happy this year is over, including me."

"Yeah, that kinda sucks."

"I know," I retort.

This time it's Tobias who runs his fingers through my hair, kissing my forehead once. I absolutely love it when he does that. We spend a few minutes just sitting there with our eyes fixed on the tv while my head rests on Tobias's shoulder and he brushes through my hair with his fingers.

"Babe," I murmur and Tobias looks over at me, "we gotta go over the guest list again." Tobias and I have to go over the guest list for our wedding again because we have to make sure that we got everyone on there that we want to be, before they print out the invitations and we send them off to people.

"Yeah, okay."

I grab my backpack from its spot next to the couch where I drop it everyday when I get home from work, and open it up. The screen lights up, and I type in my passcode, showing the essay I was working on earlier for school. I click on the doc with all of the names of our guests, and we go over the list, making sure everyone we want to be there will at least get an invite.

"Babe, don't you have those cousins in Florida?"

"Yeah, Tris, but I haven't seen them, or even talked to them in like ten years," he answers, sighing and brushing my hair away from my face.

"So?" I ask, sitting up. "Babe, this is the perfect time to reconnect."

"I know, I just don't know how to get in contact with them."

"Come on, babe. Your mom has to have some kind of contact with her brother."

He scratches the back of his neck and then replies, "Yeah, I could ask her."

"Alright, then. I'd hurry up, we have to get these invites out by Sunday," I say.

"Okay," he responds. I sigh and rest my head on his shoulder again.
𖠇 𖠇 𖠇 𖠇 𖠇