thirteen

I can feel my skin absorbing the heat from the sun as it radiates down to earth. I love Arizona weather; it's February and 80 degrees!

I'm sitting in the front row of the baseball stadium, ten or so seats to the right of the dugout on the third base line. I take a sip of my Coke and then chew on more dill pickle flavored sunflower seeds. These are go-to for Tobias's baseball games.

It's the top of the seventh, and we have two outs and one UCLA guy on second base. We're currently up, 4-2. Tobias is playing centerfield, wearing a maroon ASU jersey with a #4, gray baseball pants, maroon socks, black baseball cleats, a maroon hat, and his Oakley sunglasses I got him for Christmas last year. One thing, thank God for baseball pants.

There are three MLB scouts farther down the baseline, on the other side of the dugout. Tobias has played fantastic so far this game, he's caught four balls, has two hits (one might be considered an error on defense), and a walk.

The pitcher, Mike, throws the ball and the UCLA batter hits it straight to Tobias. He catches it, and they run to the dugout to get ready to bat.

Tobias is lead off this inning, so he's up first. He takes a few swings while the new UCLA pitcher is warming up, and then steps into the batters-box. The pitcher throws it, and Tobias doesn't swing, a ball. Another pitch, he swings at it but misses it. Third pitch, he hits a hard line drive to the fence. He runs, and gets past first to second. All the ASU supporters stand and cheer.
➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵
The game just ended, and I'm waiting with some of the girls from my volleyball team for Tobias to come out of the locker room.

"That was a shot Four had there in the seventh," Jordyn says.

"Yeah," I reply. We ended up winning 8-3. I feel arms wrap around my waist and a head rest on my left shoulder. I look up to see Tobias and peck him on the lips.

"Alright, we're gonna go get some lunch. Bye Tris, good job Four!" Ashley says as they all turn to walk away.

"Bye!" Tobias and I reply at the same time. I smile at him and hug him.

"Good job, babe," I say.

"Thanks."

"Ah, who am I kidding." I throw my arms around Tobias neck and kiss him, he kisses back.

We're interrupted by Tobias's coach.

"Hey, Four! Get your butt over here!" We both turn our heads to look at the coach, who's standing with a MLB scout.

Tobias grins at me. "Go," I say, and he kisses me again before he runs over to the coach and scout. He shakes the scout's hand, and smiles while the scout is talking to him. He looks back at me briefly, and I give a small wave. He waves back and I start waking back to my dorm room.
➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵
"Then he said he loved how I played, and it would be awesome if I could go see a game this summer," Tobias says before taking a bite of his pizza. Turns out, the scout Tobias was talking to was the one for the Chicago Cubs, Tobias's favorite pro team.

"Babe that's awesome!" I say, smiling.

"I know, right!" I can't help but smile, seeing him this happy.

I reach across the table and grab his hand. With his other hand, he finishes off the crust of his pizza slice. That's his third Costco slice, and those things are not small! I can only ever eat one.

"I still don't get how you can eat that much," I say.

"I don't understand how you can eat that little," he fires back playfully.

"Those things are huge!" I say defensively.

"I know, I have a big appetite."

"Yeah, I know." I smile. "You ready?"

"Yeah. Let's go."

We throw away our plates and cups and walk to the nearest light rail stop. We get on, and all the seats are taken so we stand in the aisle, clutching onto the pole. I tilt my head so it's resting on Tobias's shoulder, and he wraps an arm around me.

We get off a few minutes later, then walk from the train stop to the dorms, stopping at my room first. I unlock the door and then stand in the doorway facing Tobias. I kiss him and then hug him, my arms reaching around his neck, and standing on my tippy toes.

"Babe you played so well today," I say when I let go.

"Thanks, and thank you for coming."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."

I kiss him again, and then he walks away as I shut my door.

I lay down on my bed and do some homework before falling asleep.
➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵

Tobias and I lay on my bed, on our phones with The Hunger Games playing on my tv

All of a sudden, I feel a pillow collide with the side of my face. I whip my head around and see Tobias with a pillow in his hands and a sheepish look on his face.

"Oh you are so dead," I say playfully. I grab another pillow and whack him in the shoulder. We keep hitting each other with the pillows until he grab my waist, pulls me to him, and starts tickling my stomach.

I start laughing, my arms and legs flailing around as Tobias keeps tickling me.

"Tobias—stop—can't breathe—ahh!" He stops tickling me, but he wraps his arms around my torso, and keeps me on his lap. He kisses my cheek, and I lean my head back onto his shoulder. I grab the tv remote and turn the volume up on The Hunger Games.

Right now, Peeta and Katniss are in the cave, and he's telling her about how he fell in love with her. I look up at Tobias and he kisses my forehead. I smile a put my head back on his chest.

I fell in love with him the first moment I saw him; I knew right then and there my life was going to change forever, and there was nothing I could try to do to stop it. Obviously, I wouldn't want to even if I could. I have never been happier than I am right now.

I love him with every fiber of my being, and every piece of my heart.
𖤉  𖤉  𖤉  𖤉  𖤉  𖤉
A/N: hello guys. Long time no see... 😂 too soon? Lol sorry. I'm just too funny for my own good. So yeah... Thanks for bearing with me & not going too overboard with the 'update' comments. I'm trying to do this as fast as I can so I can get each chapter out to you guys, but sometimes it just takes awhile. Anyway, thank you, and you guys are awesome! 😘😘😘
-αииα🗝💫❤️