twenty

It's been a few days since I've come home from Portland, and I am so happy. Of course, I love Portland, you know, it's where I grew up, but Chicago is home to me. Also, Tobias is coming home today, so why wouldn't I be happy?

Actually, I have to pick him up in an hour and a half, so I better get out of bed and get moving. I roll out of bed and walk to the bathroom, grabbing a towel on my way.

After a quick fifteen minute shower, I wrap the towel around my body and walk back into my room, and then into my closet. I dry off and then put on a bra and underwear. I wander around my closet for a few minutes, and decide to throw on a green tropical cropped tank and light blue skinny jeans. For my hair, I just blow dry it, and brush it out. Then I put on foundation, concealer, bronzer, highlighter, eyeshadow, eye liner, mascara, blush, and pinkish/red tinted Burt's Bees chapstick.

I grab my tan cross body purse from my desk, and my phone from the nightstand, and then run down the stairs in my bare feet. The clock reads 12:02 as I slide on my black American Rag sandals that were by the door.

I have to go, Tobias lands in a half hour and it takes about that long to get to the airport.

While fishing through my purse for my car keys, I yell to my parents that I'm leaving, and dash out the door to my car. When I finally find the keys, I unlock the doors and get in, starting the ignition as soon as I can.  I back out of the driveway while trying to get the AC on and then zoom off towards the airport.
➵  ➵  ➵  ➵  ➵
It took a little under 30 minutes to get to the airport, just like I thought it was going to. After I find a spot in the short-term parking garage, I jump out of the car and lock it as I walk towards the elevator.

As soon as the elevator doors open, I run into the airport, and then start walking when I get inside. I check the arrival board and see that Tobias's plane just landed, and he'll be walking out of gate D.

It takes a few minutes to get as close as I can to gate D, and I get a text right as I do.

Tobias❤️💋: hey bby, landed a few mins ago. It'll take a bit for everyone to get off the plane. Ily😘 see u in a bit❤️❤️

I smile.

Me: ok bby. See u soon. Ily 2❤️😘

I lean on a wall for a little bit until I see people moving from gate D walking towards the small crowd I'm in. Then I start trying to stand on my tippy toes to see. I scan over all the people until I see a tall tan guy with short curly dark brown hair. Tobias.

I smile and run towards him. When I reach him, he lets go of his suitcase and I jump in his arms. His arms wound tightly around my waist, and mine do the same to his neck. We hold onto each other for a good couple minutes, until we loosen our grips.

The first thing Tobias does after putting me back on the ground is kiss me. Passionate and full of love. God, I missed him. I smile into the kiss and we pull apart.

"Do you have everything?"

"No, I checked a bag too."

"Okay, what conveyor belt thing?"

"Six, I think."

"Okay," I respond as I grab his hand and we start walking to the baggage claim area.
➵  ➵  ➵  ➵  ➵
We just got back to the car after getting Tobias's bag, and we're waiting to get out of the parking garage.