twenty-four

Tobias and I are now on the plane heading to LA. It's been about three hours, so we have a little more than an hour left.

Tobias is sleeping, so I lower the music on my Beats and rest my head on his shoulder.

The plane lands an hour and fifteen minutes later, but we don't get off the plane for another ten minutes.

Tobias and I grab our carry ons and then walk off the plane to find Caleb.
❀  ❀  ❀  ❀  ❀
We're at dinner now at a place called Cisco's in Malibu, and the food is really good. So are the margaritas.

We picked up Amanda at the beach house after the hour-long ride to Malibu. She suggested this place and we all agreed.

Caleb pays the check, even though Tobias and I insist that he doesn't have to do that.

"My treat," Caleb says simply. Oh, my selfless, selfless brother.

"Okay. Well, thanks," I reply.

We all finish off the last of our drinks and then head out to the car to get back to the house.

Tobias grabs my hands and pulls me out of the backseat of the car. I lightly peck his lips when my feet hit the ground, and let go of one of his hands, and then start walking into the house.

I slide off my flip flops and then plop on the couch, and Tobias sits next to me a few seconds later.

"Hey Tris, before you get too comfortable, I need to talk to you super quick," Caleb says and I glare at him because I was literally just starting to get comfortable.

I groan as I get up and follow him upstairs to the master bedroom.

"What's up?" I ask after I sit down on the corner of the bed.

"I don't really know how to start this, so I'm just gonna say it. Like ripping off a bandaid. Right, o-" he mutters.

"Caleb spit it out already!" I say, noticeably annoyed.

"Fine. AmandaandIgotmarried." He says the words so fast I can't understand them.

"What? Say it slower."

"Aaaammmmaaaannnnddddaaaa aaaannnddd Iiiii-" I cut him off again.

"Not that slow!"

"Okay, okay! Amanda and I got married!"

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Amanda and I got-"

"No, no. I know what you said, but why?"

"Because I love her, and she loves me," he answers, sitting next to me.

"It's a little quick, don't you think?"

"We've been dating for over a year."

"Yeah but still, that's not very long. I've been with Tobias for almost five years."

"Just because you guys want to wait until you're 60 to get married doesn't mean I have to!"

"You asshole!" I smack his arm really hard and he winces.

"Ow! You jerk!" He mumbles as he rubs his arm.

"Not my fault you're a wimp," I say simply.

"Low shot, you butt nugget."

"Where'd you come up with that?"

"I dunno, heard it somewhere I guess. But anyway, I just want to be happy for me."

"I am, Caleb, I just... wait, where'd you guys get married?"

"...Vegas."

"Ugh. I just, I know Mom and Dad would want to be there for your wedding, and I bet her parents and family would want to be there too."