forty-two

Our plane just landed in Kona, Hawaii. Literally just landed. I'm so excited for this week, like you have no idea.

Tobias and I wait to get off the plane, and when we do, I step out into the 85° weather. I freaking love this airport because it's outdoor and literally like 200 yards away from the ocean. Once we both get off the plane, we head to the baggage claim to wait for our bags. Then, when we get our bags, we take the shuttle to the car rental place.

Tobias and I leave the rental place with a shiny little two door Jeep. I love Jeeps so much. The car speeds down the highway, and we have the windows down and the sunroof open.

Keeping his eyes on the road, Tobias grabs my hand and kisses the back of it. I look over and smile at him while my hair is blowing everywhere. He smiles back and reaches over to tuck my hair behind my ear to tame it. It kind of works and I laugh.

It takes about 30 minutes to reach our hotel, and another 10 to get checked in and get our bags up to our room. When we get up to our room and set our bags down, I snake my arms around Tobias's neck, and he lifts me up and spins us around after he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Babe we should get some snacks from the store," I say, sitting down on the bed. Oh, my lanta, this bed is so comfortable I just want to crawl under the covers and go to sleep.

"Okay, let's go," Tobias replies, picking the keys up from the table. I hold my hands out for him to pull me up and he grabs them and pulls me to my feet, kissing me once I fully stand. He grabs my purse from the chair and hands it to me. I sling it over my shoulder and then lace my fingers with Tobias's as we walk to the elevator.
✿  ✿  ✿  ✿  ✿
I lay on a towel at the beach trying to tan next to Tobias.

"Babe we should go in the water," Tobias says and I flip onto my stomach so I can look at him easier.

"I wanna stay and tan though," I respond, pouting my lips.

"We have four more days to lay out and tan," he counters.

"We have four more days to go in the ocean," I retort, leaning over to kiss him.

"Can we go in 15 minutes?" he asks making me laugh as I flip back over onto my back.

"25," I reply, smiling.

"Yes," he celebrates, which makes me laugh again. Twenty-five minutes later the two of us swim out into the ocean to where I can barely touch the bottom. We dive under waves that roll in, and laugh when one of us doesn't swim fast enough and gets pulled back to the shore. I'm not going to say who it is because that would be mean. (It was Tobias). He swims back over to me and I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around neck when he reaches me.

"Hi," I say, smiling.

"Hi," he replies, smiling too. Tobias wraps one arm around my waist while his other hand rests on my face as he kisses me. "What time do you want to go back to the hotel room? We have dinner at 6:15."

"Ooh, a reservation for dinner? Fancy shmancy babe. I don't know, what time is it now?" I respond, grinning widely.

He quickly looks at his Apple Watch and then says, "Almost three thirty."

"Okay. Do want to stay out here for 15 minutes or so, then head in and go?" I ask.

"Sounds perfect," he answers, smiling and kissing my cheek.

A little under fifteen minutes later, Tobias and I swam to shore, dried off, and grabbed all of our stuff and then headed to where they have showers that wash the sand off of you. We then walked to the up to the hotel and took the elevator to our room.