forty-five

I seriously forgot how much I freaking loved Arizona. Palm trees and pools and heat... oh and Tobias is here too. Can't forget about him.

Tobias's game just ended, and he doesn't have any more games for like two days, so he's gonna come with us for awhile to hang out. The Cubs won, which was great to see.

Tonight we're going out to a bar to watch March Madness, and my bracket has not been busted yet, so I'm really excited.

Tobias walks out of the stadium with a duffle bag hanging by the strap on his shoulder. I head over to him and wrap my hand in his shirt, standing on my tiptoes to kiss him.

"Hey lovebirds! Go get a room!" Zeke shouts. I ignore him, and I wrap my arms around Tobias's neck. He snakes his arms around my waist as I kiss him longer. Everybody shouts, whistles, and laughs when I continue kissing Tobias. I hug him once he puts me back on my feet, and then we walk back over to our friends.

We all talk for a bit and then take a couple Ubers back to the house we're staying at. A few hours later we were all cleaned up a bit and ready to go. Then we had another couple Ubers drive us to the bar we're going to.

The nine of us walk I into the big sports bar and get seated at a large corner booth table in the back. Our table is thankfully near a lot of large TVs that are each showing a different game. Tobias and I both fix our attention on the ASU basketball game playing on the TV. We're alumni, what do you expect? They're actually kinda good this year, which is great since they've been terrible for at least the last five years.

We cheer with the rest of the ASU supporters as the game ends and the Sun Devils come out on top.

"You two are way too invested in this school," Chris yells over the shouts.

"You would be too if you actually went to an actual university instead of a fashion design school in Seattle!" I reply, chugging my beer like the rest. Christina rolls her eyes as she takes a drink from her Cosmo.

"It's true Chris!" Marlene adds.
𖠇 𖠇 𖠇 𖠇 𖠇
"Babe, what do you want?" Tobias asks as we stand in front of the bar waiting to be served.

"Surprise me," I answer, leaning on him.

"Shots?"

"No, no, no, no, no. Bab-babe babe, remember, beer before liquor never sicker," I stutter, putting my finger to his lips to shush him.

Tobias laughs and I move my hand to his shoulder. "I think we should go home."

"Why? I'm having so much fun here," I reply, wrapping my arms around him.

"Probably a little too much fun," Tobias teases and smiles at me. He kisses my temple, saying, "We can have more fun at home."

I giggle and bury my face in his chest. "Okay."

"Yeah?" he asks, brushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Mhmm," I murmur in response, grinning. Tobias pulls his phone out of his pocket and I watch as Tobias opens the Uber app and orders a car. About ten minutes later, Tobias's phone lights up with a notification that our Uber is here. We wave goodbye to our friends and then stumble out of the bar, laughing as we walk to the car.