forty-six

My baby's home! Tobias is back in Chicago now that Spring Training is over and I am so happy. March was kind of a shitty month without him here the entire time. But my babe's back, and I am so happy.

I just picked him up from the airport, and now he's driving us home. In the middle of the drive, I lean over the center console and turn his head towards mine. He keeps his eyes on the road, but grabs my wrist as I quickly kiss him. I smile and rest my head on his shoulder, watching the road as Tobias speeds on the freeway.

"I can't believe we're getting married in four months," I say, looking at Tobias.

"I know, it needs to go by faster. I need you to be my wife already," he replies, giving me a quick smile before his eyes go back to the road.

"I need you to be my husband already," I state, kissing his cheek as I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. I pull it out of my pocket and see that my sister, Emma is Facetiming me. I answer the call positioning my phone so she can see both Tobias and myself. "Hey Em!"

"Hey T!"

"What do you want?" I ask.

"Why do you always assume that I want something, Tris? Maybe I just want to talk to you," she argues.

"Sorry," I defend, raising my eyebrows.

"Ugh, okay fine. I do want something. Mom is really pissing me off right now. Like I got my license a few weeks ago and she's not letting me go anywhere. She taught me how to drive, I passed the test, like I'm good at driving and she knows that I am, but she still won't let me drive by myself. I don't know, can you just talk to her for me please. She won't listen to me," she tells me with a sad and slightly annoyed look on her face.

"I'll see what I can do, Em," I reply.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you so much, T," she squeals.

"I'm not making any promises though. She probably won't listen to me either."

"Whatever, fine. Oh, yeah thanks for the Dutch Bros gift cards Tobias!"

"You're welcome!" He says and I smile at him again.

"Okay, Emma. I'll call Mom later."

"Thank you so much Tris."

"Yeah, just be safe when you do drive. Love you, Em."

"Yeah, yeah, love you too, T."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye Tris. Bye Tobias!"

"Bye!" Tobias and I wave, and Emma waves back before hanging up.

"I can't believe she's 16," Tobias says as he turns the steering wheel to turn the corner.

"I know, we were already dating when we were 16," I respond, grabbing his hand.

"That's crazy."

"I feel old now," I whine.

Tobias laughs and kisses my hand. "Babe we're anything but old."