sixteen

This time of year always sucks. It's the end of the school year, so finals are coming up, and pollen is everywhere. Plus, Tobias has to stay back for the rest of the baseball season. I guess I could stay here and watch his games, but that just costs more money, and I like to spend the month and a half that I do with my parents. I don't get to see them that often anymore, so when I do, it's special.

Also, Caleb is graduating this year, so I'll have to fly to California for that. I haven't actually talked to him really since winter break, besides for a few texts here and there. They were short, too. 'Happy birthday' was the last one I got, I think. And I know we're both busy and it's hard to fit in time to talk to each other in our schedules, but he's my big brother, and it kinda sucks not talking to him very much. I'm used to spending all my time with him.

The first friends I see when I get home are always Zeke and Shauna because Zeke is at the Chicago Police Department learning how to be a cop, and Shauna is at the University of Chicago. I think Shauna is about five, maybe six, months pregnant now, so I'm not one hundred percent sure if she's still going to college for the time being.

I finally decide to get off my phone and get dressed, so I put on a burgundy tank top, jean shorts, a gray baggy-ish sweater, a gold necklace with a gem, and black Birkenstocks. I love Birkenstocks. I then curl my hair and run my fingers through the curls. I put on foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush, and red-ish lipstick.

I grab my ID and head to Tobias's room. I knock on his door when I get there, and he opens it immediately. I smile and he smiles back.

"Morning," I say.

"Morning," he replies.

"Ready for breakfast?"

"Yep. Let me just grab my ID real quick." He steps backwards into his room and grabs his ID off his desk.

We ride the elevator downstairs and into the cafeteria. They're serving scrambled eggs, hash browns, and sausage this morning. I can smell it. I grab a plate, get some eggs, hash browns, and sausage on it, then a bottle of apple juice and pay for it with my ASU account thingy.

Tobias and I sit next to each other at an open table. Before our butts are even fully sitting in the chairs, Ashley, her boyfriend Sean, and Jordyn sit down with us.

"Hey guys," I say.

"Hi," they all answer.

"I can't wait to get finals over with," Jordyn complains.

"Oh my God, me too," I reply.

"Hell yeah," Ashley says.

We continue talking for a while, and I finish off my breakfast during that time. People are telling stories and jokes that make me toss my head back and laugh.

"I was three okay? You can't judge me for pouring an entire bottle of glue onto my head!" Jordyn laughs.

"Well Tris can't. When she was six, she cut the front of her hair into bangs and the entire left side of her head. The day before picture day, I don't think I've ever seen a funnier picture," Tobias jokes.

My mouth drops to an 'O' shape, and I punch his shoulder. "Oh really. Do you guys want to see Four with a pink paintball on his face?" I ask. I pull my phone out from my pocket and unlock it. I open the photos app and find the picture from four years ago.

"Do you really still have that?" Tobias asks.

"Uh huh

"Uh huh. Black mail," I giggle and smile. I put my hands on his cheeks and reach over to kiss him.
☾𖤐 ☾𖤐 ☾𖤐
I lay in my bed with my head on Tobias's chest and his arm around my shoulder.

"Have you heard from Zeke or Shauna recently? It's been a few days since they've talked to me," I say.

"Yeah. I was texting Zeke yesterday."

"Huh. About what?"

"Just how Shauna's doing and how he's doing. I think they said they were going to find out the gender today."

"Oh, cool. I didn't know that."

We lay there for a few minutes in silence before Tobias speaks.

"Do you want kids?" he asks.

I'm taken aback by the question. I wasn't anticipating that.

"What?"

He repeats his question, "Do you want kids? In the future, of course."

I flip over so I'm facing Tobias.

"Yeah, I've always wanted kids. Four, I have wanted four kids since before I can remember. Two boys and two girls, at least one boy before the first girl, so he can be her big brother/protector. That might sound weird or something, but yo have no idea how much Caleb did for me in my first two years of high school. With everything going on with Peter at that time, it was nice to know I had at least one person on my side."

"Yeah."

I laugh at his response. A 'yeah' to all the stuff I just said. I bury my face in his chest when I laugh. He starts laughing because he doesn't know why I'm laughing.

"I love you," I say when I lift my head and my laughter slows.

"I love you too," he replies and kisses my forehead. I put my head back on his chest and intertwine my fingers with his. I stare at our hands as he runs his thumb up and down mine.
☾𖤐 ☾𖤐 ☾𖤐 Two weeks later
Tobias and I ride the light rail to the airport, tightly holding onto each other's hands. My head rests on Tobias's shoulder. This time is always hard for us. But you know what? It's only a month, and we got through it last year, and the year before. It always seems like a super long month though. Without him, I am incomplete. He is the last perfect piece to my puzzle.

We arrive at the airport, and Tobias and I get off the light rail

We arrive at the airport, and Tobias and I get off the light rail. I check in, check my suitcase, and get my boarding pass, and Tobias walks with me up to security. I grab my backpack from him and give a small smile. I wrap my arms around him, and he wraps his around my waist.

"I'll see you in a month," I say. "Don't forget to text me to tell me how you do, okay?"

"Okay."

"We'll be fine."

"I know." I kiss him and smile again. "I love you," he says and kisses my nose.

"I love you too." We end our hug, and kiss one last time. I then walk away and through the security line.
❂ ❂ ❂ ❂ ❂ ❂
A/N: Hi! So I went paddle boarding yesterday, and I was good for like the first 3/4, but then I ran into a tree/stick thing. Technically, it was the tree's fault, it didn't have to be planted there, right? And the river was really deep right there, and my 6 foot 6 inch older brother jumped off his board and tried to 'save' me. And he couldn't touch the bottom when he jumped in, that's how deep the river was. And when I tried to get back on, I was on the end of the board, so it like went out of the water and made me fall back in. There was this lady trying to pass us going the other way and I felt so bad, I was just like, "sorry!" I hope you guys get a kick out of that story. Lol!😂😂
Thanks for 140k on DH and 18k on DHCL!
It's almost summer!!! Are you guys out yet? If not, how long do you have?
Love you guys!!!❤️❤️❤️
–αииα👑🐶🍉🔥