twenty-eight

Winter break started yesterday, and that's when Tobias and I flew home.

We're going to go visit Zeke and Shauna with Uriah and Marlene, and then meet up with everyone else to get dinner.

I took a shower this morning when I got out of bed, but I didn't feel like totally getting dressed and ready for the day then, so I just put on shorts and a t-shirt. I also threw my halfway towel dried into a messy bun.

I get up from the bed and walk into my closet to get dressed. I change into a black lace bralette,American Eagle ripped jeggings, an olive green t-shirt, warm socks, and Uggs. I walk back into my room to do my hair and makeup. I take ten minutes to curl my hair, and then for makeup I put on foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, bronzer, blush, and liquid lipstick. I put on a layered arrow necklace, a white Lokai bracelet, a gold bracelet, a white and gold watch, arrow earrings, and a bunch of gold rings.

"How do I look?" I ask Tobias after I spin around in my twisty chair.

He looks up from his laptop, smiles, and responds, "Stunning, as usual."

I smile and get up from the chair, kicking off my Uggs and laying on my side next to Tobias and putting my arm around his torso as he puts his around me.

We stay on the bed for a little over an hour, until the clock turns to 4:30, and we get up to leave. I slide my Uggs back on and walk downstairs while holding Tobias's hand. I grab my black Colombia coat off the coat rack and put it on before slinging my cross body purse over my shoulder.

We go outside to the car, careful not to slip on any ice or anything. It's not snowing now, but it's supposed to later. There's also like a foot of snow on the ground, and it's literally freezing out here.

We get in the car and Tobias starts it since he's driving, and I turn on the heat and butt warmers. Thank goodness for butt warmers. Tobias waits for the car to warm up before zooming off to Zeke and Shauna's apartment.

We get to the parking building surprisingly quickly, and park on the third floor. It doesn't take too long to actually get to their apartment, and when we get inside we see that Uriah and Marlene are already there.

We hug everyone and then I go sit on the couch next to Shauna.

"How ya doin Shaun?" I ask with a small smile on my face.

"Better. It still hurts though," she says and nods a little. "I'm moving on, I really am, I'm eating again, but... It hurts because I know he should be here right now, in my arms, with all of you guys crowding around him wanting to hold him too. That's what hurts."

"I know, Shaun, I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault, it's no ones fault. It just wasn't meant to be."

I don't know how to respond to that, so I just change the subject, "Are you going out with us tonight? We're going to the burger place!" The burger place is a burger restaurant downtown that we always go to, and none of us actually know the name of it, so we just call it, 'the burger place'. Glorious, right?

"No, not tonight. I already ate and I'm pretty tired."

"Okay. Well, tomorrow I think we were going to go to the trampoline place. Do you want to go with us then?"