twenty-two

Claire has been staying with me for the past week, and she's leaving tonight, so I decided to take her shopping today.

I peck a still sleeping Tobias on the lips before getting out of bed to wake Claire up in her room. I lightly shake her shoulder, and she slowly opens her eyes and then runs her eyes.

"Morning, Claire bear! We're leaving in two hours, so start getting up and ready, okay?"

"Okay. Five more minutes?"

"Yeah, sure,"I kiss her forehead before she closes her eyes again and rolls onto her side. I stand up from where I was kneeling, and walk back into my room to get dressed.

I put on a dark gray slightly cropped tight t-shirt and black high waisted shorts. My hair is curled from yesterday, so I just ran my fingers through it and called it good. I'm halfway through doing my makeup when Tobias wakes up.

"Good morning, babe," I say to him while putting on mascara.

"Morning," he tiredly replies.

"Could you go wake up Claire for me? I said I'd give her five extra minutes of sleep, but it's been almost ten."

"Yeah, I can do that."

"Thanks, love," I say as he walks over to me and bends down to kiss my cheek and then walks to Claire's room.

Tobias comes back into the room a few minutes later, rubbing the side of his face.

"Are you okay? What happened?" I ask and stand up to check out his face.

"She threw a pillow at me," he responds, making me laugh. "It hurt. That kid loves her sleep."

"How did she make a pillow hurt? She's seven."

"Don't underestimate her strength," he answers, causing me to laugh again.

"You're crazy." I walk back over to my makeup desk, and sit done on the chair.

"No I'm not!" He flops down on the bed and I face-palm myself.

"I guess I'll just have to wake her up myself." I stand up from my chair and walk back into Claire's room. I shake her shoulder again, and she slowly starts to wake up. "Come on, time to get up."

"I don't wanna!" she complains.

"Okay. I guess we won't go shopping then."

She shoots straight up. "No no no no! I'll get up!"

"That's what I thought. Get dressed, okay?"

"Yeah." I leave her room and walk back into mine to finish getting ready. It takes a few minutes to finally finish my makeup, and then I put on a crescent moon necklace and a circle necklace.

Tobias walks over to me and picks me up and brings me over to the bed. He lays down with me on top of him and his arms around my waist and mine around his neck.

"Why are you so beautiful?" Tobias asks.

"Aww babe, thanks!" I smile and then kiss him. I bring my hand to his face, and the other one stays in his hair. Our lips stay pressed together until I run out of breath.

I sit up, straddling him, and my fingers dance across his bare chest and stomach. He sits up also, and his hands go to my thighs.

"Don't go," he whines.

"Do you want to go with me?"

"Not really."

"Then you'll just have to deal with it and stay here," I reply and peck his cheek before standing up and walking into my closet. I put on ankle socks and then my black high top converse. I have so many pairs of converse that it's not even funny. There's like eight pairs of high tops and five or six pairs of low tops in this closet.