Chapter 3

The New Family Member

Eula's POV

"S-Sehun?"

For a second, I thought a saw a different Sehun. His eyes were a little bigger, like they were in a shock and the way he touched my face... is almost the same as...

"Where's Luhan?" I spoke out loud making Sehun blink and shake his head.

"Sorry." His voice was a bit lower than usual.

His hand dropped from my cheek and he immediately moved to stand up. He turned his head to the right as if looking for something. I followed his gaze and soon enough, I realized the red carpet on the floor leading to the garden door. I turned to Sehun and tugged at his strangely formal dark button up shirt.

"What's happening?" I asked him, noting his red ears.

He cleared his throat and took a deep breath before looking at me. As confused as I was, I waited until he talked which took a good thirty seconds.

"First, I'm sorry for knocking you over, Noona." His voice gradually went back to normal.

"It's okay. Was that a blackout just now?" I asked, trying to figure out his uneasiness.

"Huh?" He curled his eyebrows for a second and then laughed. "Oh... yeah. It's so strange right? A black out. Stupid idea."

"Whose idea was it?"

Sehun probably snapped his head in surprise. I'm guessing he wasn't supposed to say that part out loud.

"Lay-hyung's. As if you won't be suspicious with a sudden blackout."

"So what's all these? Don't tell me your family is actually a cult and I'm the sacrificial offering."

"Of course not. Noona, don't make my job more difficult than it is by asking a lot of questions." He smiled and then offered his arm to me. "Now just take my arm and let's walk on this out of place carpet. This creeped me out a while ago."

I laughed and opened my mouth to say something but decided against it. I closed my eyes and laughed to myself at this situation. This is surely strange but I did as I was told.

"So I'm guessing Suho-Oppa isn't really in mortal danger?" I asked making Sehun chuckle.

"Please remember that it wasn't my idea, Noona. Although I must tell you that whatever happens tonight decides your future so please..." We stopped in front of the door and he let go of me to look at me in the eye. "Use this..." He touched his chest and then pointed to his forehead. "And this."

"Se—"

Sehun opened the door and my head automatically turned to look at the well decorated garden. Lights are hanging overhead, flowers were placed on the pillars and the whole family stood at the foot of the stairs looking at me and Sehun.

"What..." I trailed off as a soft melody played somewhere.

I looked around and found Chanyeol playing the guitar and handsomely winked at me. Sehun jogged to the crowd of beautiful faces and when I was about to go with him, Kyungsoo appeared, making me stop on my tracks.

"You!" I was about to scold him about his phone call when, to my surprise, he started singing.

"If HE told you HE was perfect HE'd be lying..."

I almost laughed at the way he exaggerated on HE but I was overwhelmed by the softness of his voice. I stood awkwardly a few feet away from him and my heart started to beat fast. I looked around at the smiling faces as they started snapping their fingers in an almost funny synchronized way. Even Ms. Oh was doing the same.