Chapter 6

The Star and The Kiss

Eula's POV

Another day.

Luhan said she's in the past. I ought to believe him no matter what. That's what love is isn't it? It should understand... it should accept.

The next few days went on without a hitch. Luhan has been his usual evil self with icing on top. I don't know since when he started giving me flowers but apparently, that's his new routine. Maybe he's trying to develop an allergic reaction in me or something.

"Lucky guy, huh?" Chen suddenly said while I was spacing out, thinking about my Luhan.

"Shouldn't you say 'lucky girl' instead, Jongdae?" I asked.

His studio photoshoot started a little early so I just took the bus instead of waking Luhan up. I know he'll be smoking angry at me but it's for a good cause. He never liked being woken up. Or so I assumed.

"Hey, you should move on from the Jongdae that you knew before. I've changed, you know." He purposely adjusted his tie and straightened up from his seat.

"Yeah. You're Chen now." I laughed at him.

But seriously, Chen changed a lot. I never thought I'd live to see this day that he'll grow up and act mature. Who knew he'll be a pop star? That crazy troll running around with his high pitch squeal.

"High pitch squeal? Now that is injustice." Chen shook his head. "You haven't changed, Eula."

"Yeah. Still got that thinking out loud disease." I chuckled.

"Well that and..." He trailed off, making me look at him in confusion. "You're still beautiful."

"Chen-ssi, we're gonna start now." The assistant motioned for Chen to go to the set.

Before getting up his seat, he winked at me and messed my hair up. He laughed so hard and I noticed the curved corner of his lips as he did so, just like when he joked around before. I guess he is still that troll after all.

I supervised the shoot but generally let the photographers and art directors do their job. The whole time, Chen was doing his part properly, posing confidently in front of the camera. In the past hour, he managed to charm 90% of the female crew and probably made fanboys out of the male crew. His charm is probably the reason he's famous.

"Good job, Chen." I handed him a bottle of water.

He took it but instead of opening it, he just looked at it and turned it in his hand. A small smile was plastered on his lips and a few minutes later, he turned his head to look at me.

"I heard you're engaged."

"Huh?" The sudden question was really unexpected.

Not that I forgot about it. I am just really not used to it yet. Oh God. If Luhan was here, he's gonna be—

"Yes, you're engaged, Eula."

Oh no. I must have peed in my pants or something. The hairs on my back stood up at the sound of his voice from somewhere. I can't even tell if he was near or far. All I knew is that if I didn't speak now and cleared everything, I'd be dead.

"Yes, I am engaged." I said, more to Luhan than to Chen.

Chen bit his lip and nodded behind me while I momentarily closed my eyes to pray. Suho said that if I was in mortal danger, I should pray. And right now, I am. I felt Luhan's hand on my shoulder while he hugged me to him. My head hit his waist, knowing that I am sitting and he was standing.