Chapter 20

The Recurring Nightmare

Eula's POV

After eating the soup that Sehun prepared for me, I took the medicine he also left on the tray. I wonder how Sehun and Luhan learned to take care of a sick person. I don't judge them. But they seem to be the type to have nurses and maids do everything for them.

I walked over to where my phone was and checked it. There was still no call or a message from Luhan. I should have tried hard not to faint. But come to think of it, what will I tell him?

"Hey Luhan, I'm fine here. By the way, Taeyeon fired me. No big deal. And she told me you're with Luna. Wow, right?" it even sounded funny out loud.

Or maybe I should say...

"Oh and your ex friend Kris? I think he's stalking me. But that's normal. Nothing to worry about."

I should have just gone with Suho to study. I'd rather be buried with books than with problems. I'm just a duck. Why is God punishing me like this? What have I done wrong?

11 p.m.

I looked out the garden and from my room, I could clearly see a part of the river that reflected the shining moonlight that night. The dark clouds have already subsided and I wondered if it rained especially for me. I walked out into the veranda and felt the after rain coldness. I hugged myself wondering when the storm in my life will finally stop.

When I went back in my room, someone was knocking on my door. I went to open the door and found Taeyeon there, holding an envelope.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" I asked, afraid that she might do something to me again.

"I'll go straight to the point. Your special issue on Chen won't be published." She handed me the envelope and I knew what it was already.

"Why? The launch of the special issue is in a week. How are you supposed to go on without any material?" I asked, my head starting to ache again.

"I can't release this. It's stupid and the photographer you hired is not good. Just look at those pictures," she pointed at the envelope in my hand, "We've contacted Mr. Kim and they agreed to redo the shoot in China."

I exhaled.

"No offense but, the magazine isn't some mediocre magazine out there. It's for the upper class. You won't understand that because... well..." She looked at me from head to toe.

"Is there anything you would want to tell me?" I kept a straight face as I looked at her.

"Nothing. Good night, pumpkin face." She giggled and left.

"Good night, smelly squid," I muttered under my breath.

I took the pictures in my room and looked at them one by one. I smiled when I saw Luhan's devil face. He looked so handsome even with a bad boy punk image. And then I saw his picture together with Chen. The way he looked at my friend made me feel good in a way. I like to think that his possessiveness only meant that he was scared to lose me.

"I'll hold on as long as I can evil deer." I told his picture.

I looked from both sides and kissed the picture, feeling a bit of relief. The thought of Luhan makes me tensed and calm all at the same time. He is like my lightning in a storm; terrifying me yet lighting my path.

I got in bed, placing his picture right next to me. I never did such a cheesy thing in my life but I never knew that it times like this, a little chees won't hurt. I closed my eyes and later on drifted to sleep. I woke up at nearly lunch time the next day but I didn't have to worry because I'm basically a bum now in this house.