Chapter 15

The Thing About Mr. Possessive

Luhan's POV

At six in the morning, I was already walking to Eula's room. I have been thinking all night about what to do to just keep Eula on a professional distance from Chen. Don't get me wrong. I'm smart but when it comes to Eula, there seem to be an overwhelming lack of answers until I realized that maybe I should just tell her to stay away from him, tell her nicely even when that isn't my style.

So here I am, with all the humility I summoned for hours, walking to her room. I opened the door slowly and peeked inside, not wanting to look like a crazy pervert. It was quiet inside; dark with only the faint light from the late sunrise illuminated her living room. I walked in to the door to her bedroom and found it empty with the sheets on her bed neatly folded.

"Eula?" I called and called again when I reached neat the bathroom.

But there was no response. I scanned her room, noticing a bunch of withering lilies in a vase near the window. I wonder who they were from. Probably from Chen though I don't remember any flowers from him recently. I sat down the cushioned chair by the table as I let my defeat sink in. I took my phone from my pocket and dialed Eula's number.

"Where are you?" I said as soon as she picked up.

"Good morning to you, too." Eula answered, making me frown.

"Eula, I'm here in your room and I can't seem to find you. So where are you?" I was too tired that I just went directly to the point.

"I'm in Jongdae's agency for the interview."

I sighed.

"Alright, then come home as soon as you finished, got it?"

I saw a card on the bunch of lilies and took it out. It reads "To my princess" with a heart at the bottom. I looked at the handwriting and somehow it felt familiar to me but I couldn't put a finger on any reason why. If it's from Jongdae, all I've seen so far is his signature on the contract and nothing else.

"Princess..."

"Hello? Are you still there?" Her voice seemed to pull me back to reality, making me shake my head a bit.

I must have been imagining things.

"Come home early today. I'm not going to work." I stood up and walked out of her room, closing the door behind me.

"Why not? We've got so many things to do. Even your interview for the magazine is today."

"I'm feeling sick, Eula..." I lied.

"What?" Her tone sounded a bit higher, "I knew it. You were looking pale from last night."

I was? Really?

"Come home and take care of me. I'll just do the interview tomorrow." I tried hard not to sound whiny.

"But I can't-"

I faked a series of coughs.

"I need you here, princess. Your evil deer needs you." I hoped it would be enough to make her come home.

I heard the phone go on mute and I waited as patiently as I could. I grabbed on the door knob of my room tightly as seconds go by. Why do I even feel this way? I shouldn't be feeling this way.

"Have you take medicine?" She asked, breaking the silence.

"I don't know which medicine to take." I was telling the truth, "I'm your responsibility. You should be here."

"Lu-han! Gosh." I smiled at the image of her trying to calm down. "Alright, wait for me. I'll be home in a bit after I talk to Chen's manager."

"Okay."