Chapter 23

The Stargazer

Luhan's POV

When I got back to the house my mother rented, she was already there with Luna. I passed by them at the living room, glancing at Luna who was probably crying. I didn't want any more drama so I pretended not to see and continued walking.

"Luhan, can you come here for a second?" My mom called.

"What for?" I turned but didn't come closer.

"I said come here." Her face was serious.

Even though my mother and I have already made up, she is still the control freak that she is. I put on my defenses and walked to them. I didn't even bother to sit. Luna glanced at me but didn't make eye contact.

"What happened at the office?" She asked.

"It was an emergency. Eula went missing." I answered, wanting her to sympathize.

Luna listened, probably realizing why I got so angry that time.

"Is she okay now?" I nodded, "Where were your brothers?"

"She was with them."

"Then you should have just let her to your brothers. No need to skip the meeting. They'd look after her for you." She was talking slowly but I knew she was angry. "Good thing Luna was there to cover up for you."

"She's my fiancée, mom. How could you expect me to work well when I know anything could have happened to her?" I was starting to get annoyed.

"Your brothers won't-"

"Did you hear me? She GOT LOST!"

Mom looked surprised at my tone. She pressed her lips into a thin line and looked at Luna. I couldn't believe she is acting like this when she was the one who flushed Luna out of my life before.

"But you shouldn't have shouted at Luna." Her expression turned hard, "Such doesn't give you the permission to disrespect her. She's not your girlfriend anymore but imagine how Suho would feel?"

I closed my eyes, feeling my jaw tensing. I have no idea what Luna has told my mom but obviously, she missed the part that I was acting on instinct then. I was stressed up with the situation and she even had the nerve to say that the meeting was more important.

My mother stood up and looked at me like she was so disappointed at me and I just looked back at her. I did nothing wrong and she reacted like this. She wasn't even a bit concerned about Eula. Maybe it's really difficult to change ways after all.

"You should have told me what was happening." Luna spoke when my mother left.

"Tss." I shook my head and turned to leave.

"I'm sorry. Don't... don't get angry at me, Luhan. I just thought I deserved respect." Her voice was shaking.

"Remember this, Luna. You don't impose respect. You earn it."

I looked at her one last time before getting to my room. I locked the door, stripped off my clothes and went in the tub. I turned on the faucet and didn't care if the water was still cold or what my mother will do. All I wanted was to silence the voices in my head and for once not think about anything else.

The water slowly filled, wrapping my skin in piercing cold. I could feel my muscles tensing and my brain pulsating, almost like a warning... My chest started to tighten as my breathing became shallow. I looked up at the ceiling and my vision started to feel like defocused camera lenses. I tried to get up but my feet slid off the tub and I fell into the tub, my head completely submerged under water. My world started to dim as I felt a thousand needles on my skin, burying themselves deep.