Chapter 7

The Cold Days

Luhan's POV

Now where did Eula go?

I knocked on her door for about twenty minutes before I went inside to check on her. But she wasn't there. Her bed was already arranged and her bathroom was empty. I meant to go to Suho's room when I met Sehun in the hallway.

"Sehun!" I called but he didn't seem to hear me so I jogged after him while he climbed the stairs to the third floor. "Sehun! Sehun, hey."

I placed my hand on his shoulder, making him turn around to me in complete surprise. His eyes widened and for a second, I thought he forgot about me being his brother.

"Oh, sorry hyung. Were you c-calling me?" He asked, scratching the back of his head while smiling a bit nervously at me.

I can't blame him for still being awkward around me. It's been really difficult with me shutting him off completely. If only there was a way to undo all those things just to be closer to him again.

"Yes. Are you okay?" I asked him, noticing his pale face and shaking hands.

"A-I'm orange... I mean... okay." He stuttered while sniffing hard. "Orange?" He quietly muttered.

"Do you have a cold?"

"Huh? Yeah... I think so... I-it was very cold outside." He suddenly sneezed, making his eyes all watery.

"You should... well... take a rest. I'll ask someone to—"

"It's fine hyung. What were you... calling me for?"

I looked at Sehun in total confusion but I shook my head, clearing any other unnecessary thoughts and tried to recall what I was about to ask him. Oh yeah, Eula. Dammit.

"Did you see Eula? I couldn't find her in her..." I trailed off as I saw Eula climbing up the stairs. "Oh there she is."

She stopped a few steps to the second floor and looked at me with wide eyes. She must have been shocked that I woke up very early today. I walked to her and took her hands and was surprised to feel them ice cold.

"Oh. Your hands are very cold, princess... Are you okay?" I tried to examine her face for any sign of sickness until I remembered Sehun. "Did you go out too?"

Eula did not answer and for a second, my heart skipped a beat. I glanced at Sehun who was looking intently at Eula and wondered what was happening. And then I remembered the day I saw them together in the kitchen while she was crying. Are they hiding something from me?

Nah... Luhan, you are imagining things. It's not like Sehun is to become as much a threat as that dinosaur Chen. Haha. I know... dinosaur. I'm brilliant, right?

"What were you doing out, princess? Were you with Sehun?" I asked Eula while running a hand on her also cold face.

"With—No. I just... went j-jogging." She said, making me smile. Eula is stuttering. Rare.

I glanced at Sehun who still had that strange reaction on his face. Maybe I should be talking to him in the future about life or something. Anything that can help him walk to the brighter path.

"As for me, I kinda fell asleep by the river..." He trailed off, blushing a little probably at what he said.

I chuckled, remembering how we used to do that when we were children. We'd sneak out no matter how cold and camp out by the river with nothing but our pajamas and blankets. And I'd often be sick in the morning while he'd sneeze like crazy all day. And why am I reminiscing all of a sudden.