Chapter 36

The Summit

Luhan's POV

I barely slept that night, mostly because I wanted to make the moment last. Eula dozed off like a baby and I couldn't help but smile giddily. I finally fell asleep around dawn only to be woken up an hour later by a dream.

Eula was there, wearing a white gown I've never seen before. She looked at me with her pretty eyes as she walked down a red carpet towards me. But as I reached out to her, her hand seemed a little too far. I tried to reach more to her when suddenly, the ground at my feet started to sink. That feeling that I was falling woke me up, the sun faintly coming through my windows.

I turned my gaze to Eula whose back was on me. I scooted closer to her and wrapped my arms around her waist. I kissed the back of her shoulder, silently wishing that the dream was nothing but a dream. The light kisses I did on her shoulder and neck must have woken her up. She turned to me with an expression so blank it made me laugh a bit.

"Good morning, princess." I gave her lips a small peck.

"Yah... I haven't..." She covered her mouth with one hand while rubbing her eyes with the other.

"Morning breath?" I chuckled, earning me one hit on the chest, "What? I don't care."

I could see a smile from under her hand so I took it off her mouth to see it. I didn't pass up the opportunity to kiss her hand while she blushed lightly. She looked breathtaking just being there with my white sheets.

"So you think we formed our first little deer last night?"

Her face suddenly turned into horror when I asked. I was just teasing her of course, although we haven't really talked about her monthly cycles. Not that I know any of that. I'm Luhan and I've never cared about that. Gosh. What is this.

"Will I..." She glanced down her stomach then to me, "Did you... did you use protection??"

"Protection? What are you talking about??"

My eyes started to tear up because of laughing. I couldn't believe that Eula, of all people, knew what protection meant. Hasn't she heard of birth control pills before?

"Pills? You want me to take pills??" She seemed to be really terrified by it.

"Don't worry princess. You won't get pregnant unless you want to."

After a long pause, she sighed and then smiled again. Her mood swings sometimes hit me like a typhoon.

"I should cut you some slack, shouldn't I?" She lowered her head and then slipped a hand on my waist, "You think we'll have a little deer or a little duck?"

I choked at her question but managed to giggle with her. I am not fond of morning talks or future family talks this early but for some reasons, I keep doing these with Eula. Call me crazy but gosh, this woman is flipping my world upside down. Or right side up.

"I think we'll have a duck first. And then she'll look exactly like you."

I smiled at the thought while she pulled away a little, pouting at me.

"Are you gonna love her more than me?" Her question caught me off guard.

"What? Haha."

"I mean... if there's a baby duck then Eula will be forgotten..."

"You're a baby too you duck. Why are you doing this to me??" I poked her sides, "Huh?? You want me to choose between you and our daughter?? Aren't you the evil one??"

I tickled her sides more and she squirmed while laughing and begging me to stop. I didn't until she silenced me with a kiss. I swear her kiss would one day be the death of me.