Special Chapter

A Fracture in Time

Eula's POV

Why do you insist in getting wet in the rain, Luhan?

I have never been prepared for anything that had happened to me after I got the job as a babysitter. Things just kinda kept happening one after another that before I knew it, I was already where I am today. But of all the accidental moments I've had since then, there was one coincidence I was very thankful for.

Luhan.

The way he looked at me tonight, the way he pressed his forehead on mine when I caught my breath from that kiss... there was more to him than meets the eye. This man... this seemingly impossible metaphorical god right in front of me... is in love. And what was more fascinating about all this is that he is in love with the mortal me.

"Don't you feel cold in that shirt?" I asked, pointing at his soaked shirt.

He flashed that infamous smirk of his and stroked the back of my hand with his thumb. I must have been as red as a tomato, still blushing just to prove that I am a tomato.

"You must be dying to see my body, I understand," it was his cue to be smug about it.

"If you want some privacy while getting changed, I'd be willing to go give you space," I reluctantly stood up and turned to the door's direction.

I heard him sigh and then suddenly my hand was being pulled to his direction. In an almost funny turn of events, we fell on his bed with me trying hard to keep my poise on his wet shirt. My heart jumped and kept on jumping around my chest when he turned us over-him pushing himself up with his hands on the bed on either side of my head. He was on top of me. Weird as it may sound but it was the most accurate way to describe it.

Luhan's eyes glinted in the orange light that his lamp was giving and all of a sudden, I had a glimpse of the past when I first got alone with him in this room. He was drunk and then he kissed me. Now, as he glanced on my lips then locked gazes with my eyes, it was different. He was very much sober.

"Do you trust me, Eula?" Luhan whispered, placing a soft kiss just below my eye.

"Haven't we gone over all these disclaimers before?"

I was surprised at how calm I sounded when deep inside, I was screaming. I wanted to wake myself up just in case I was dreaming... so if all of this is just a fantasy in my subconscious then I'd have realized it before I got in too deep.

"Just tell me... that you trust me."

My vision blurred for a bit but I did my best to focus on his lovely honest face. Luhan is a part of my life now and even though I am dead scared of what was going to happen tonight and even dreaded more what would happen after this, I was happy to embrace the fear with him.

"I trust you." I answered and he smiled at me.

"I love you too." He told me.

He pressed his lips on mine, filling all the gaps between us... even the ones I never thought were there. His tender touch on my arm, the way he ran his slightly rough palm on my skin, settling gently on my hand. I kissed him too, knowing by instinct that I was already trapped in this wonderful moment with him. I kissed him, throwing away all the inhibitions I had in the past that kept me from going further with him. I kissed him despite the fact that we are still two different worlds who are trying hard to meet halfway.

"What did I do to deserve you, princess?"

My heart melted with every word he said.

"Maybe you were a hero deer in your past life, who knew?"