Chapter 31

The Deer is on Fire Mode

Luhan's POV

I waited for Eula at my car as Monday morning marked its seventh hour. I insisted in driving her to work despite her extreme objections. I wanted to make sure that Xiumin still knows his bounds. Even though I don't like the idea of her working for someone I don't trust, I had no choice but to accept it. It's not like I can make Eula resign without her hating me all her whole life.

When she got out, I had to catch my breath. I think she got a lot more beautiful during the time I was in Switzerland. Her cheeks are no longer pale and her body had gotten a prominent curve. I wonder if she knew how it difficult it is to just stay still looking at her like this.

I stepped forward to approach her but I stopped on my tracks when Sehun appeared from the door, holding a light blue tumbler in his hand.

"Noona, you forgot this." He said and handed the tumbler to Eula.

"Oh. You actually made it? I was just kidding." She answered with a smile.

"Eula!" I called after her.

She turned her head to my direction and then hurriedly said goodbye to Sehun. I nodded at Sehun who answered me with "take care". Why does he look like someone from cheesy dramas?

"What's that?" I asked Eula as I got in the car with her.

"Lemon tea." She answered.

"You drink lemon tea?" I asked, starting the car.

"I just happened to say in passing that I like lemon tea. And Sehun made this."

How I wanted to take it from her and throw it out the window. But I held it in. I drove into the highway, thinking of how to get ahead of Sehun.

"You and Sehun seem close." I said, not really fond of knowing the answer.

"Yeah." She looked out the window and pursed her lip, "Just a little."

I stepped on the gas and let the speed pick up as I felt something stirring inside of me. I shouldn't have left her alone with my brothers. I somehow feel like I am not a step farther from her while all my brothers are a step closer.

"How's Xiumin as boss?" I changed the topic on purpose.

"Oh, he's fine. He doesn't make me do difficult work."

"Oh yeah? Do you like it better there?"

"No... it's just the same. People still hate me."

"Hate you?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

Eula nodded and as I slowed down to a stop at the red light, I turned to her and asked her to tell me more. She touched the tumbler's cap and chewed on her lower lip.

"Tell me. Who hates you?" I touched her chin to make her look at me. "My employees?"

She looked away and I could see her eyes shining with tears. Just what did they do to her while I wasn't here? I knew that Taeyeon fired her but were there others that mistreated her? Didn't they like her? She seemed to get along with everyone in my magazine. And in Xiumin's company, they don't have any reason to hate her.