Chapter 38

The Heart Stops

Eula’s POV

I woke up on the cold, seemingly metal floor with my wrists and feet tied. My head throbbed and my whole body felt like it got run over by a truck. It was dark but the place was recognizable. It looked like I was in a train but it seemed old and abandoned. I felt fear creeping up my system as my situation started to sink in. I forced myself to sit up and craned my neck to peek at the window.

It was dark at the platform too but amazingly, the whole place seemed to be lit just enough to see. I scanned the outside and noticed two shadowed figures a few meters away from where I was.

“Kris.” I whispered to myself as I saw his face.

I only saw half of it but I already knew it was him. He was the one who took me at the summit and drugged me so I’d fall asleep. Thanks to him, my head still feels like it’s going to split in half. But what intrigued me more is the other person he is talking to.

Suddenly, Kris turned to my direction and I froze when I faintly saw his eyes narrow at me. When I came to my senses, I immediately ducked like I was dodging bullets. Kris is approaching the train and I am scared for my life.

“What do you know. Our sleeping beauty is awake.” His low voice was the same as before.

“What do you want from me?” I asked, displeased at the obvious fear in my words.

“I… don’t want anything from you actually. I just need you to lure Luhan in so I can have my proper revenge on him. You see—“

“YOU were the one who betrayed him! How dare you seek revenge!”

Kris came to me and forcefully took my face in his hand so that his fingers were pressing painfully on my cheeks. He looked so angry until he smirked at me and that look alone was enough to send shivers down my spine. He’s gone crazy.

“That son of a bitch is the worst kind of traitor, little cupcake.” He leaned closer to me so I could look into his dark eyes, “He just betrayed you, didn’t he?”

I found myself lost yet again. Since I woke up, I haven’t remembered the video at the summit… not until now. The burning pain on my cheeks was nothing compared to the searing hurt that was starting to consume my heart. Luhan lied yet again to me and it hurts knowing that I am yet to tell him a secret too. I can’t even bring myself to get angry at him because both of us have been unfaithful to our promise with each other. I started to tear up and that was when Kris pushed me back to where I was sitting.

“I’m even doing you a favor for taking you away from your Luhan.” Kris shook his head and chuckled.

“What are you planning to do?” It took me a lot of guts to speak again.

“You see that guy over there? His brain is so… creative… Madame Oh must be proud.”

My eyes widened at the mention of Ms. Oh. Did she plan this all along?

“No, no. you don’t get it, cupcake. It’s not her. It’s—“

“He’s here!” The other man shouted.

“That was fast. I guess your Luhan loves you that much, I’m impressed. But.” He took out what looked like a syringe and the sting was quickly followed by something warm flowing in my veins.

“Don’t hurt him!” I begged.

“I won’t.” Kris let out an evil laugh, “Maybe I’ll end it quickly so he won’t get hurt.”

“How c—“

He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. He carried me out of the train, onto the platform and into a dark hallway. I wanted to put up a struggle, but my legs started to feel numb. I looked back at the other man on the platform who watched us and as the bright full moon shone behind him, a low groan started to vibrate in my throat.