Chapter 5

The New Moon

 Luhan's POV

She won't talk to me and I don't know why.

Could it be about Luna? But I thought I made it clear that I don't love her anymore. Plus, that incident mother was talking about was a false alarm. She was simply fatigued, not pregnant. So, what the hell's the problem?

I lashed out my frustration onto the Rubik's cube in my hands and I felt it warming up while I twisted and turned it furiously. Eula is out to see the doctor today so there is no need for me to open my office door and go out until something important comes up. I don't even care about lunch anymore. I only eat lunch when I'm with Eula. Don't even bother asking why.

Ring!

I flashed an annoyed look at my intruding phone but immediately put down the cube on my desk when I saw the caller ID. I swiped my thumb on the screen and put the device onto my ear.

"Hi Luhan." Luna's soft voice was left untainted on the other end of the line.

Since I got out of the hospital, I only met her once when Suho brought her over to the house. We haven't really communicated with each other recently so getting a call from her is really a shock.

"How are you?" I asked, resting my elbow on my desk.

"Fine, I guess. Suho-oppa is feeding me so much I think I gained half my weight." She chuckled.

"That's new. You never liked the idea of getting fat before." I can't help but remember Luna's crazy slimming diet.

"That was because you were too perfect then that I couldn't help but TRY to be perfect."

"You ARE perfect."

There was no sound heard other that the static in the air. My mouth hung open as I tried my hardest to chastise myself for saying unnecessary words. I cleared my throat while she exhaled heavily, as if she's been holding her breath all this time.

"Why did you call, by the way?"

"Oh, yeah. Uhm." It took her a few seconds to continue what she was saying. "Do you remember that men's apparel company? Well, they called me."

"They called?" I was surprised out of my wits.

We've been trying to get them for a long time without a response. They are the biggest clothing company in Asia and having them advertise with us will really be big. This should be considered a miracle or something.

"Yeah. Apparently, they didn't know about us not...that's why they called me. Well, anyway, they want to advertise on the fashion mag. If you want to, of course."

"IF I want to? Of course! When do I meet them?"

"Today. I'm on my way to the restaurant. Can you meet us there?"

"I'll be there in five minutes."

I was going out of the elevator when my phone beeped. I was about to check it when the doors closed in on my hand, making me drop my phone. While I steered my hand out of the steel doors, dropped my phone and it took the entire wrath of the closing metal doors multiple times. Crushed, I took my phone and put it in my pocket. Poor device. It died a horrible death.

"Thank you so much, sir. We'll put up a good corner for you." I shook Mr. Park's hand as all of us stood up.

"I'll be expecting a lot." He turned to Luna and shook her hand as well. "And Luhan, you're a lucky guy to get this lovely girl here."