Chapter 21

The Camp Fire

Eula's POV

Saturday came as slowly as it could, making me feel like I waited for it for years. The past few days were uneventful, except for an occasional Taeyeon smirking at me. I don't want to mind her but she seemed so determined to annoy me that she always ends up succeeding.

I prepared my bag, bringing extra clothes and personal hygiene stuff. I've never been to camping before so I really didn't know what to bring. When I finished packing, I went downstairs and found some of the boys lining up huge bags on the floor.

"What are these?" I asked Baekhyun who was closest to me.

"Oh, these are inflatable pools we can set up in the middle of the forest." He answered, with a serious tone.

"Yah," Chanyeol hit the back of Baekhyun's head, "These are tents, Eula."

"I've never been in a tent before." I whispered but Chanyeol caught it.

I wasn't surprised. If I had satellite dishes for ears, I'd hear everything.

"Don't worry. You and Suho hyung will have your own tent." He smiled widely, making me smile too.

I nodded while glancing at Baekhyun who seemed so unpleased. I looked at him and asked what was wrong but he just shrugged and walked away. I was so confused that I looked at Chanyeol for answers.

"Well he..." Chanyeol came closer to whisper to me, "He is Taeyeon's junior back in school and she's been ignoring him this whole time since she came back... So you know..."

Even if Chanyeol didn't finish his sentence, I knew exactly what he meant. So someone actually likes that squid? I can't believe it.

"Squid??" Chanyeol chuckled.

"Oh my god." My eyes widened at him and I covered my mouth with both hands. "Please don't tell her?"

"Haha. You're so cute." He said and before I knew it, he's already kissed me on the cheek.

I stood frozen in place, wondering what happened. Chanyeol looked at me, seemingly clueless of what he just did until a few seconds later. His face started to change into a shocked one to an apologetic one.

"I... I'm so sorry. I... I didn't realize I... Oh gosh. I'm not a pervert." He cursed himself, obviously regretting what he did.

As for me, I smiled like a total retard, not because Chanyeol kissed me but because I remember the very first day I set foot on this house. I had no idea back then that I would come this far into their lives... that I'd come as far as being their sister-in-law.

"Where are the others?" I tried to reassure him that everything is okay.

"Oh... they're loading up the grill in the truck and some are packing."

I nodded and smiled when I saw Suho walking into the house. I ran to him and greeted him with my tightest and warmest hug.

"Oppaaaaa." I screamed on his ear.

"Yah. Haha." He hugged me back after dropping his bag on the floor.

Chanyeol walked over and smiled at both of us like a proud father. When Suho finally managed to make me let go of him, he kissed my forehead and smiled.

"Omo?" He started, "Why do you look so pale? Did you miss me that much, my angel?"

"Yes." I pouted.

I love being like a kid to my brother. I like the fact that he loves me so much that I don't have to worry that nobody loves me. Suho is my guardian for the rest of my life.