Chapter 37

The BRO Code

Luhan's POV

"Stop the video!" I hissed at the technical staff.

The video froze, showing me and Luna hugging each other. My mind ran through that night with her and how I regretted doing it. I should have been a lot smarter than that and thought about complications like this. It angers me to think that I, Luhan, didn't even think about this.

Even though I did it for Suho.

I looked around the now quiet crowd and felt worse than before. I never liked these summits because back then I was the black sheep of the family. And know, I just became the worst possible kind of boyfriend and it doesn't feel good at all. My skin burned from all the unspoken curses in their minds but I managed to shrug them all off because only one opinion matters to me.

Eula.

I immediately ran out of the hallway when I realized she wasn't inside the venue. Why the fuck didn't I even remember to go to her first? My heart raced as seconds pass. I remember that night when she ran into the woods. How I wish I would be the one to find her this time. As I neared the exit, Sehun and Chanyeol appeared on my right, going to the same direction as me.

"Bro, hurry! It's Eula!"

Chanyeol pointed at the far end of the parking lot where a man in all black clothes carried Eula into the back of a dark blue car. Eula seemed to be unconscious and that alone almost killed me. What if they hurt Eula? And then all happened so fast as the car drove out of the parking lot.

"Eula! Hey! Stop!!" I shouted on top of my lungs.

I curse the slowness of my legs as the car speeded away. I continued to chase it even after it disappeared at a corner. Fuck why can't I even get to her sooner? I didn't know I ran too far when I felt a hand on my shoulder pulling me back.

"We should go back hyung," Chanyeol said, panting like me.

"No. I should get to Eula." I turned again to run but he held me by both shoulders.

"Hyung, we can't follow her like this. You can't outrun a car."

"Don't you understand?! I need to save her!"

I was shaking from anger while catching my breath. How could possibly go back if I know I brought this to her? If I have to sell my soul to the devil I'll do it just to get to her. Who knows what those people would to her? She'd be scared. And I won't even be there to comfort her.

"Eula has always been in trouble because of you, hyung."

Sehun spoke from behind Chanyeol and the way he looked at me intently with his hands in his pockets angered me more. He angered me because it's true. Somehow, I always end up hurting Eula. No matter what my intentions are it always ends up bringing her pain.

"And you think you can be better?" I asked, feeling myself weaken for the first time.

"When you were in Switzerland, she so broken... missing you badly. Now she knows what kept you busy there."

"You have no idea why I did that, Sehun. You have no right t-"

"Then why isn't she here now??!"

Sehun advanced to me but Chanyeol caught him a few steps before reaching me. I could clearly see the spite in his face. I closed my mouth, realizing what I've known all this time but didn't want to admit simply because it hurts so much.

"You're in love with her." I whispered but I was sure he heard me.

"I loved her first, hyung. Way before she met you."