Chapter 39

Secrets - Last Special Chapter

Sehun's POV

When the video of Luhan-hyung and Luna played, I knew something was going to happen and yet, I still decided to stay far and watch. I shouldn't have been too complacent especially when I know that it was Xiumin-hyung who warned me not to stop anything that was bound to happen.

I didn't know that it was going to be Eula. Of all the times I must play dumb, it was that day. When I ran after the car that took her, I became more and more frustrated with every step. I could have done something for her. When I saw Luhan-hyung, I just lashed out and blamed it all on him because I am tired of blaming myself for everything that has happened to the only woman I loved.

And you think you can be better?

Maybe I am nothing more than my brother after all and the fact that he did try his best to love Eula in the only way that he knew how should have been enough for me. But instead I was blinded by his mistakes, not realizing my own. When Xiumin-hyung offered help, I should have said no. Instead I agreed to hurt my brother... my real brother...

I drove home then and thought about what I should do. I tried to talk to Xiumin-hyung but he wasn't returning my calls. The others didn't bother looking for him because everybody was worried about Eula. A few minutes after Luhan-hyung came home, I got a text message.

Xiumin: she's in the storage room. fllow rocky path. STAY CLEAR OF THE TRAIN.

I went out of the house and called him again. My hand was shaking out of anger and fear. They were going to hurt my brother. I could feel it.

"Didn't you get my instructions? Drive into the station then-"

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked him, my voice trembling.

"Huh. Well, because we have the same enemy. And I'm helping you." He sounded like he has completely gone insane.

"My brother isn't my enemy." I stressed on every word. "And when did he become an enemy to you?"

It was something I was dying to know. What kind of evil possessed him to take it all on Luhan-hyung? Our mother gave everything to him. What else was he begrudging for?

"Do you know what hell I went through as the FIRST ADOPTED SON?" He laughed but it was of something dark, "Luhan made me feel hell in every possible way. I always did better than him. I'm smarter, stronger and a way better person than him. But I never stood a chance."

"That's it? For competition?? Mom adopted you to keep him company, not to compete with him!"

"Well I guess I was too competitive for that. And tonight, I'll finally get rid of him. While you... get the girl. Everybody's happy."

"How dare you!"

The line went dead as tears started to fall helplessly. Luhan-hyung was in danger. And I wasn't just going to stand and watch again. I needed to redeem myself for all my mistakes. I was the reason Luhan-hyung changed in the beginning... and it's time to end this.

I was about to get into the house when I saw him hurrying out of the house. When he saw me, he stopped. I wanted to tell him everything I know but I was sure that if he knew the truth, he would be in bigger trouble. But I ended up having to get into a bet with him... A bet I wasn't even planning to win.

And now here I am, walking to where the train is after leading my brother to Eula. I intentionally took his cap and wore my black mask so that no one would know it was me. The truth is, before I left the car, I wanted to hug my brother. It could be the last time I'll ever do so but I didn't because I could sense the worry in his face and before he figured out what I was up to, I left.