Chapter 17

The Goodnight Kiss

Eula's POV

I walked back to my room with tears falling uncontrollably from my eyes. I couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that Luhan is gonna be gone for two months and he didn't even bother to tell me. If that squid didn't come, I wouldn't have found out. That was just so unfair.

"Ah."

I bumped into someone and fell on my butt, being the weak flag pole that I am. I wiped my tears off as a pair of strong hands helped me to stand up. When I glanced at him, I was a bit shocked to see Chanyeol looking straight back at me.

"I'm sorry for knocking you over, Noona. You should be a little careful next time." He flashed his teeth at me in a form of smile and I couldn't help but smile a bit.

This virus already infecting me in a matter of seconds.

"It's okay." I said, my voice sounding a little raspy.

"Are you okay?" He leaned a bit closer to me and looked into my eyes, "Were you crying?"

On instinct, I covered my eyes and shook my head like I could actually deny what Chanyeol already saw clearly. But then I felt Chanyeol's hands on mine, slowly removing them off my face. He bent a bit down to come face to face with me and smiled.

"A precious woman like you," he touched the tears coming off my eyes, "Shouldn't waste her precious tears."

I couldn't move while he gently wiped my tears. I was feeling a bit tensed as I felt his other hand still holding mine. When he finished, he saw our hands and was too shocked like he forgot that he held them in the first place.

"I—I'm sorry. I didn't realize that I was..." Chanyeol let go of my hand and scratched the back of his head.

Chanyeol is a very charming happy guy who is very much underappreciated in this house. They would often just call him the joker or the prankster along with Baekhyun but actually he is one of those with the purest hearts

"It's okay, Chanyeol. Don't worry." I smiled at him.

"Why do you look so sad?"

"Oh... it's no—"

I was cut off when I saw Luhan walking out of his room. He looked at me and Chanyeol and looked surprised. He stared at Chanyeol for a while and then glanced at me.

"I'll drop by your room later, Eula." He said and I just nodded at him.

Luhan walked down the stairs and I was a too far to know where he went. Chanyeol looked at me, probably confused on what just happened. I shook my head at him to tell him not to think about it.

"Why are you here, by the way? Aren't you supposed to be in music camp or something?"

"I was wondering what made me come home too. But now, I know why." His eyebrows moved up and down while staring me down.

If I hadn't known Chanyeol, I would have ran away and screamed maniac.

"Why??"

"To make my one and only noona happy."

I chuckled. What is this kid? Is he psychic or something? Maybe his ears are actually satellite dishes and it receives some sort of emotional signal.

"Are my ears that big, noona?" He cautiously held both his ears.

I laughed knowing that I must have thought out loud again. Good thing Chanyeol is a light natured person and he received everything so well. He's also very happy to be with that I just found myself in the living room, looking through funny pictures of Kyungsoo. I felt guilty for laughing at all of them but then I was thankful to forget for a bit.