Chapter 18

The Man Behind the Flowers

Eula's POV

Has he landed in Switzerland yet?

I checked my phone for the nth time now for a message but since I called him last night, we haven't communicated yet. Is he busy? Is Taeyeon keeping him busy? Why did he have to go with that squid? I mean... he could have just gone alone, right?

Luhan seem to not get the fact that I don't like the idea of him being with Taeyeon. Since he felt so jealous about Chen, he must understand how I feel too. I am not being over possessive. I just don't want him to be with other girls.

Yeah. Now I think like Luhan.

I rolled in my bed, realizing that I have barely slept. My body feels kinda sore and my head feels like it's burning. Thinking that Luhan is so far now doesn't feel right at all. Of course I like being free of a bully and being safe from his crazy driving but somehow, my body has grown used to getting scared at least twice a day and getting annoyed a thousand times. I closed my eyes to try to get some sleep when a faint music started playing. I listened to it and it sounded like it was coming from my window.

Darling, will your love wither like the flowers?
My darling who lingers like the wind that drops at dusk...

The female singer's cool voice somehow soothes my heart and my soul... like it's a lullaby I often heard from our big sisters in the orphanage. I would often lay my head on their lap, and listen to their songs over and over again until I fell asleep.

Darling, will your love wither like the flowers?
I'm here still waiting for you...

"Will your love for me wither, Luhan?"I placed a hand on top of my heart and wondered.

What if he forgets about me in two months... decides not to marry me anymore... or even suddenly just think twice about me? What if one day he realizes that he doesn't need me anymore and sends me away?

After everything that has happened, even through all his efforts to assure me of his love for me, I still have these worries in my head that seem to talk louder now that he is very far from me. I wish he'd come back soon... because I don't usually talk like this but now I do...

Your lips that brush the tips of my ears
Make me forget all my songs for you...

I went to the window and tried to find where the music was coming from until I found myself walking out of my small veranda. And there, I saw Lay sitting on the window with his eyes closed and feet hanging down. He was a floor higher, one room on the right from mine. Come to think of it, I thought Lay's room was on the second floor this whole time.

"What are you doing there, Lay?" I asked him, slightly scared that he might forget he's on the third floor and fall.

I noticed that he was wearing earphones but for some reasons, I could clearly hear the music coming from his phone. Lay's head was leaning on the window frame and it seemed like he was sleeping. I tried calling him again but he still didn't answer so I took a very small pebble from a vase in my room and threw it at him.

When it hit his arm, he moved a bit so I threw another. And that's when he woke up with a very shocked face. He wobbled back and forth and fell back into his room. I was so terrified that I just looked up his window, waiting for him to show up.

"I'm okay!" Lay reappeared on the same window, leaning a little bit too dangerously again.

"Lay, can you please just step back a bit? You might fall." I told him, gesturing at him.