Chapter 28

The Homecoming

Eula's POV

I had a dream. And in my dream, I was holding the diamond ring that Luhan gave me on the night he proposed to me. I folded my hand and held it tight... so tight that the sides of the ring started embedding into my palm.

Love is fragile... hold it tight and it will...

Break. It broke. I heard it break in palm so I hurriedly opened my hand to see the ring. To my surprise, my hand was empty. There was no sign of anything being there. Perhaps it was never there all along?

Love... will it ever be enough?

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing right next to my face. Last night, I was trying to call Luhan but he wasn't answering his phone. Was he still angry at me for being stubborn? I didn't know what time I fell asleep but as I looked at Luhan's picture flashing on my screen right under the clock that says 6:02 am, I knew I've been out for a while.

"Hello?"

His voice sounded so distant and unreal that I had a hard time believing if it was real. I turned on my other side on the bed and said something like "Hmm" to him.

"Dreaming of me?" He asked, making me let out a chuckle.

"Yes... nightmare." I was slurring my words as I felt myself drifting back to sleep.

"My princess..."

"Come home." I said, closing my eyes.

"Yes... I'm coming home."

I fell asleep again and thirty minutes later, my eyes shot open and my heart was thumping in my chest. Luhan's last words lingered like he said them just now and I wondered if it was still a part of my dream. I hurried my phone and typed as fast as I could and sent the message to Luhan.

Eula: Luhan r u thre?

I waited anxiously for his reply, already preparing myself for the worst: that he would have no idea of what I thought just happened. He still has about three weeks in Switzerland and there was no way he'd be coming home.

Luhan: Missed me already?

Oh God.

Eula: I just want to make sure... did we talk this morning?

Luhan: Yes, y?

Eula: Did u... tell me... u r...

Eula: Coming home.?

Luhan: Yeah, I'll be home later tonight.

Eula: REALLY?

Luhan: Yes.

I rolled in my bed, screeching like a total nut job. I couldn't believe how happy I was to know that Luhan was coming home. This evil deer really made me miss him too much.

Eula: klsfjpoj

Eula: hskdnedk

Luhan: Eula?

Eula: voice message: 1sec

Luhan: Lol Eula? Still alive?

Suddenly, my phone rang. I answered it after trying to compose myself. He must not know what I did just now or else I'll never hear the end of it. I took a deep breath and waited for him to speak.