Chapter 40

The Loving Luhan

Eula's POV

"Eula, this is Luhan. And you're gonna stick with him from now on."

"Babe, if you're still planning to do this job... don't fall in love with me."

"You don't have to say anything just... lean on me."

"Is he better than me?"

"Did you ever try to be better?"

"My name is Luhan. I'm a handful. I've got pride larger than the Pacific Ocean and my mood can shoot up to the moon or plunged down to the core of the earth... I can hurt you consciously and unconsciously... push you away... tell you lies... But please remember Eula that this evil deer... loves you so much it's driving him crazy."

I love you, Luhan...

I woke up to the steady beep of the monitor next to me. I turned my eyes to the window and noticed that it was a little bright, although I was not sure if it was early morning or twilight. My head felt light in contrast to heaviness of my body seemingly sinking into the bed. A half full bag of blood hung next to the drip, making me a little sick at the sight. I've never liked seeing blood at all.

A little while later, a nurse came in to check on me and was surprised to find me awake. I let out a small smile at her while she checked my temperature then my blood pressure.

"What happened to me?" I asked her, my voice seemingly piercing my throat.

"You had a heart attack, ma'am but you are getting better now." She said, noting a few things on the clipboard on the table.

"How long have I been here?"

"About two days, ma'am."

Two days.

My mind drifted to last memory I had before staying out for two days. I saw Kris and Xiumin. Why was Xiumin there? The fear started to creep in again, afraid to trust anyone. The nurse must have noticed me tensing so she put a hand on my shoulder to get me back to reality.

"You should try to relax ma'am. Would like to me to call your boyfriend in?"

I looked at her, for a moment wondered what she was talking about. And then it sank in. Did she mean Luhan? Luhan is here? I nodded at her involuntarily and I didn't stop her when she left even though I didn't know if I could face Luhan now.

A lot of things have happened and if I had the chance to undo a few things, I would. Because I want to be selfish for once and just be with him without any worry. But I know I can't do that. We've been torn and broken by destiny and it is destiny still that's gonna have the final say on us.

Save him tonight and I swear... I will never go near him again...

Can't I break one more promise, God?

"Hey." Luhan said quietly as he entered the room.

He managed to smile but I could see the fatigue in his eyes. He pulled a chair and sat facing my bed. Without a word, he took my hand, caressed it and pressed his lip on it. I bit my lip to force back the tears but I couldn't stop them. I reached for him and ran my fingers through his hair.

What kind of sadness did the heavens lay on you, Luhan?

"I'm sorry, Eula... I shouldn't have lied to you." He said, his eyes full of tears, "I did it because I wanted to protect you and your brother... I could've just-"

"I kissed Sehun one morning... and since then, I've felt something strange about him," I paused, feeling my chest rip open, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I... I couldn't admit to myself that I might have fallen in love with another guy... with your brother."