Chapter 24

The New Boss

Eula's POV

I was wearing my usual office attire: suit, pencil skirt and black stiletto as I walk through the huge living room. I brought enough copies of my resume and a ton of confidence. In case the clues weren't enough yet, I was out to find a new job.

Since I can remember, I've always worked hard to get things I need. In the orphanage, I'd make a few extra projects just so I'd get noticed by couple who went there to adopt a kid. I also used to work so my brother Suho can take his medicine and so we can have proper meals. But since he got adopted into the family, the tables have turned.

Suho is now the one giving me money, aside from my salary in Luhan's magazine before. I also eat in the mansion so I don't really pay for my food. I sleep for free in an oversized room and all the people living here are vowed to take care of me.

I'm basically a princess. And I do not like it that much.

If it's all the same to you, I'd rather earn my own money and feed myself enough food that do nothing and feel worthless. I'm not the type of girl who'd depend on others to survive.

"Where are you going, noona?" Sehun appeared, holding a cup of something in his hand.

"I'm going to the job fair in the center." I said happily.

"Ooh..." Sehun nodded.

I nodded at him and continued to the door. Somehow, I still feel that strange thing in my stomach when I see Sehun. It wasn't that I needed to go to the toilet but I have that kind of feeling where my insides start to turn and all. It's not bad but I don't suppose it's all good either.

"I can drive you there." Sehun called form behind me.

I turned to him, smiled, and waved him off. I definitely don't need to stay alone with him in his car.

"I don't wanna-"

Suddenly, Sehun was dragging me out of the house; my wrist in his hand and his cup in the other. He placed the cup on the front stairs and continued to walk to his decent white car.

"Sehun... really. You don't need to." I tried to tell him.

He opened the door for me and smiled.

"But I want to." Sehun said before shutting my door when I got in.

He went to the driver's seat and took the key from his pocket. I wondered if he had plans of going out that day because he was wearing a clean shirt and jeans with his car keys ready.

"You can just drop me off at the center, Sehunah. I can go home on my own from there."

"Nah. I'm free today. I'll wait for you."

Sehun drove the car on the normal speed, reminding me of Luhan who drives like a lunatic. Around five minutes on the road, he glanced at me and got so surprised he hit the gas all of a sudden. I almost hit my head on the dashboard if it weren't for my quick hand reflexes.

"Oh my god." Sehun looked at me wide eyed, "Why aren't you wearing your seatbelt, noona?"

"Seatb-what??" I thought he was kidding.

He saw that I didn't have my seatbelt on and he tried to demonstrate the bad effects on not doing so. Sehun is surely as special as Lay. I seriously thought my heart was gonna leap out of my chest from fear. I wanted to hit Sehun but then, I found humor in the situation. There we were, in the middle of the street, almost dead because of a freaking seatbelt.

"Don't laugh, noona. You would have gotten killed if..." He reached for it on my side and I had to catch my breath.

As soon as Sehun locked the belt, I realized I also pushed myself backwards so he wouldn't touch me. As I've explained before, Sehun has this strange effect on me that I couldn't identify. Probably it's because he is Luhan's brother and all.